(The Final) Chapter 10 ~ True Reset

You winced as she brought the crowbar down onto your skull. You expected it to hurt, for something to happen, but as the object skimmed your head she fell backwards, her upside down white heart turned a corrupted blue. You gasped. You turned around, and to your astonishment, there he was. Faded, corrupted, broken. The crack in his skull still drove down his face and the scowl presented on his features could scare the life out of anyone. While he was dead, and even ghostly now, he was here. "Sans?" you asked. He looked at you, his expression softening. "Heya kiddo." he said, his voice was a melody  you'd long since forgotten. "But...But I killed you!" Chara whined. Sans' right eye caught flame to a blue tone as he sneered. He stepped up next to you. "ready to give her a bad time?" he asked you. You nodded. He raised his hand, Chara flung into the air. "H-hey! Put me down you obnoxious skeleton!" she shrieked. he brought his hand down, and she hit the concrete. Bones flung up but she jumped above them. "I remember all your moves Sans, I suggest getting comfy." she taunted. "Sure." he replied with a calm remark of a smile. Three bones sprung from the ground, as the girl tried  to dodge them, one stuck through her shirt, holding her captive. "Argh! I hate you!" you yelped. "Yeah yeah, hate you too, I believe its knife to get rid of you!" he chuckled at his own joke. She looked at him with both anger and fear, she knew well enough this was the end of her rampage. 

                    Another twelve bones came up from the Earth and impaled the young girl, or at least, she looked young, she was probably centuries old. It was a gruesome sight, but you couldn't bare to look away. Blood ran from every hole the bones had pierced into her, the snapping of her bones were eerie, but oddly satisfying considering the things she'd done. You could hear her skin ripping and her tendons pulling, blood spilled from her mouth. As she died, a reset pulled into view. "Sans." you said fearful. "She's going to reset." you still didn't pull your eyes away from her gushing body. "Unless someone overrides it." he responded. "(Y/n), you need to have the determination to stop her in order to override her reset, create your own reset." he said as calmly as possible. You nodded. The world around the three of you faded and shriveled at the edges. It would flicker back to normal as you gained determination but it wouldn't hold. 'She can't live on' you told yourself 'stop her'. You squeezed your eyes shut as your heart gained the determination. The world faltered to a black, nothingness took control, but then you were shot back into reality. You watched as Chara's corpse faded. You sighed. While you defeated Chara, there was bound to be more problems. "Sans," you got up, "I missed you so much." you could feel your eyes get watery. "I know kiddo." he pulled you into a hug. He was just as cold as you remembered. "Where did you come from? How are you here?" you asked confused. "Thats a bit of a long story." he said, directing your vision to another ghostly figure standing just outside the ring of fire. He was taller than Sans, maybe even a bit taller than Papyrus. He had a crack down his left eye that dragged into his mouth and another on his right that pulled upwards to the top of his head. He smiled at you, he was actually kind of creepy. You shuddered. "Its okay, I got stuck in an alternate timeline when I died, stuck outside of time and space with him, Gaster, I mean." Sans reassured you. "He was a royal scientist, he said he knew me, but I don't recall him. Anyways he got us out, of course it cam with a price." his smile altered. "Like what?" you asked. He looked down at his soul, a portion of it was missing. "Im back though, aren't I?" he asked with a smile before kissing you on the forehead. "S-Sans!" you blushed. He'd never done something like that before. "Don't lie, you know you love me." he said, his smile returning. You thought a moment before nodding with a smile. You turned to look at the torn town, the blazing fires. 

                    You watched as police cars pulled around the fire. "Put your hands up!" both you and Sans raised your hands up. "Your both under arrest and put onto death row!" one of them yelled, they all got out of their cars and directed their guns at you. "Sans, do they really think we did it?" you asked cautiously. He nodded. You frowned sadly. Gaster altered out of reality, seeming to be invisible, perhaps. "Listen officers we didn't do any of the damage caused to the town or its residents, In fact we-" whatever Sans was about to say was cut off by a gunshot. You pulled your hands over your mouth and gasped. Gaster reformed at his side. You both knelt down to next to him. "Monsters!" you screamed at the officers. "(Y/n)" he smiled. "Oh my gosh Sans...." you started to cry. "Its going to be fine." he chuckled. "Just get the will power to start all over. Get us a true reset." he said. Gaster frowned as he looked at you. He started to use sign like figures to speak but you didn't understand. Sans laughed again. "Just reset okay?" you whimpered. "Okay...." you opened the menu. "Reset?" the dialogue box read. The police steadied their aim. Your hand drifted over the yes button. "See you in the next timeline." He said with a smile, pulling up and kissing up. He was already fading. The question altered with a glitchy sequence. "True Reset?" it asked. You clicked yes as the world altered into a pleasant white. As you clicked it, shots were fired, but the bullets stopped midair as the world fell into the alternate dimension. You opened your eyes to your room, you mom belting you once more, and you could have never been more happy about it.