Chapter 5 ~ Second Times A Charm

If third times not the charm, maybe the fourth one is. You hesitated to get up this time, it was like there was no escape from the never-ending nightmare. You glanced up at the ledge, Sans sat there just as he did the last time you'd come here. You raised your hands immediately after seeing him as a way of saying you surrender. You didn't want to fight. He stood up, and chuckled for a moment. "And to think, I thought we'd make good friends." he looked down at his pink slippers. When he looked back up, his eye was blazing an electric blue, every so often it would transfer over to more of a yellow tone. "Listen I...I'm sorry...please don't...don't hurt me." you pleaded. He just looked at you, all the trust he had in you was lost, you could see that now. You stood up slowly, his eyes narrowed as he stared you down. You slowly walked past the couch, never taking your eyes away from him, you lowered your hand and searched for the doorknob behind you. "Sans! What are you and the human doing?" Papyrus asked innocently, how come he didn't know about any of the recent events? "Oh, she was just leaving," he looked at you, his eyes were normal again, but he was signaling you to get out "she needs to get home anyways.". Your hand grasped the cold doorknob, twisting it open and backing up with intense speed, closing the door tightly behind you. You stood there for a second, thinking over your choices. You could always return to jump, but you were positive that would bring you right back. You'd never go back home, that was last place you'd ever want to be. You sighed and watched your breathe create a white cloud that passed on quickly with the wind. You started walking through the thick snow.

                     You shivered before dropping into the snow. You were so cold. The air in your lungs was slowly beginning to evade you, and the stingy freezing air filtering around in the wind took its place, causing your breathing to become distorted. Every normal inhale took about four short ones, followed by four more exhales. Your body ached all over and the snow brushing against your bare skin stung. You pulled your hands closer to you chest, the movement brought your left arm to bleed after scraping against the icy biome. You let out another sigh that got cut of three times in between, creating another reiterated noise. You stared across the endless white horizon, some of it continued out in front of you, but the other parts of the ground under you left your sight as it turned downwards. The gloominess of the grey sky pressed the sadness and panic against you, making death so much worse then it had been when you first tried to bring it upon yourself. All because of one bad decision. Your body began going numb, the frigid world beneath your now limp body left, its presence disappearing like it was never there. You closed your eyes, accepting your fate, knowing you'd end up right back where you started.  You sniffled, as you felt the world leave you once more, and the same male voice came back to tell you to keep moving, but all you wanted was for it to end. You were determined for it to end as soon as possible. 

                    You didn't even open your eyes this time, you didn't have time to before you burst out in tears. You couldn't take it anymore, you just let go and cried like the little baby you were. Your mothers voice chimed in your ears, "YOUR BIGGER THAN THAT!!!" her words screamed at you, pulling you back to all the times she'd hurt you. You bawled and bawled, until you felt a hand on your shoulder, you opened you eyes, tears still streaming down your cheeks. It was Sans, he kneeled next to the couch with his hand up on your shoulder, his brother standing behind him, concern obvious on his face. You stopped breathing for a second and just stared at the two of them, but you started up again after sniffling. "Im sorry, kiddo." he said, glancing away from you. "Sans what are you talking about?" Papyrus asked confused. "Oh nothing Paps." he pulled his hand away from you. "Y-your not mad?" you asked shocked. "Well, I'll try to put it behind me," he looked up at you "I suppose we're all back now, huh?" his smile returned, you hadn't seen it for what? Two lives? You were about to get up when the world faltered greatly, and you ended all the way back at home, in bed, on the unlucky morning when you made the choice to kill yourself off. You gasped maybe a bit too loudly. You looked around you, disbelief, fear, and sadness boiled inside of you. It was earlier this time, darkness still coated the sky. No bad morning wakeup calls this time. You hadn't reset, even if you had it wouldn't have taken you this far. 'Maybe if I reset it will bring me forward or something...' You thought, that sounded logical enough. You opened your menu and clicked reset. Nothing happened. The room before you stayed in place, not a single thing changed even the slightest bit. Someone else had the power to reset, and it was overpowering yours. This wasn't good at all, you had to reach Sans immediately, he seemed to know a thing or two about resets. You kinda smiled. Second times the charm?

(A/n) sorry this chapter was short, iim honestly still going through the whole lack of ideas but I feel its a bit mean to keep holding off so I made this. Also sometime soon ill come out with some sort of one shots thing, mostly for my own reading pleasure, and possibly yours. Im better at those anyways, I'm rushy with relationships. Haha. Anyways, look forward to that I guess, sorry for the long wait, prepare for another. ;( SO SOORRRYYYYYYY!!!!!