Chapter Five

Cyr's POV

The last thing I remember is a blaring car horn, the sound of a crack on pavement, and a splitting pain in my head and leg. This said pain subsided for a while when the lights went out, when I guess I black out. But now that I'm awake, it's back, and has to be the worst pain I've ever felt. Definitely not your average migraine. I hear a steady beeping, but for some odd reason, I can't open my eyes, or move at all really. Occasionally a man in a white coat will come up to me and open them and shine a small light in them. The light hurts, but the feeling of my eyes opening makes up for it.

Wait a second, the guy in the coat must be a doctor. Duh. Why didn't I think of it sooner? That smack to the head must've knocked the sense out of you, good ol' Cyr. I try to stifle a small laugh, but nothing happens...

Okay, fine. If I'm gonna be stuck here, seems like the best thing I can do is sleep some more.

Damon's POV

It's all my fault.

Vincent Cyr is in the hospital, in a coma, because of me.

I've been by his side every day for the past 2 weeks, as if that'll make up for it. I stopped crying by day 4, simply because I physically couldn't cry anymore. I'm scared to touch his pale, fragile skin, afraid it'll fall like sand between my fingers. Occasionally, I'll rest my hand on his anyways. I need to feel his touch as much as I can before something awful happens, and whatever the outcome may be, I'm sure it can't be good. After causing someone to almost lose their life, I doubt they'll be okay with you sticking around. So for now, I'll take whatever I can get. His finger twitched a little, so I grab it and sqeeze.

"Cyr? Cyr, if you can hear me, awesome, but if not, man I feel stupid. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. If... When you come back around, I'll explain everything. I'll explain how much I love you, how much I care for you, how much you mean to me. God, you mean the world to me. I'll tell you the truth, that you're my everything..." Hey, what do you know, I can still cry. "I'll be so lost without you. And I swear, if you leave me like this, I'll kill you..."

Cyr's POV

"...Hah, anyways. Cyr, if you can hear me, all I want you to know is that I love you, and I'm really sorry. I know a simple word can't change that you have a hole in your head or that your leg's broken, but I hope you can find some way to forgive me."

Dammit. I want to cry. I want to sit up and hug his small waist so tight he pops. I want to sqeeze his hand and look him in the eyes and tell him I love him. I want to tell him that it's not his fault, that I know I'll be okay, that I'll be his if he'll be mine. But I can't. fucking. MOVE!

Now I know my leg's broken, which explains the occasional throbbing sensation in my knee. And that, apparently, I have a hole in my head? Whatever. That doesn't matter right now.

Only Damon matters.

Only my love.