Chapter Two

Cyr's POV

"I'm get-... plane now-... be there soo-..." Damon's voice is breaking up because of the horrible reception.

"Ok, be safe!" Cyr hangs up the phone and grins from ear to ear. He's going to see Damon again.

"Dammit!" Cyr curses under his breath. After 30 minutes of pure aggravation, he slams down his hair-straightener. He accepts the fact that today's a bad-hair day, and goes to get dressed. After being without a shirt since he got out of the shower last night, the feeling of his tight black v-neck is awkward. Stefan knocks on the door and reminds him of the time while Cyr squirms into what may be the tightest pair of jeans in his entire wardrobe. "I'm hurryin, I'm hurryin! His plane arrives in like, two hours, anyways!"  Still tugging on his shoes with sunglasses in hand, he embarks on the long journey from his apartment to his car.

The front doors to the airport are flooded with people, but Cyr is looking for the familiar face and awkward beanie. He spots Damon walking towards him and his body reacts instinctively, pushing himself forward to his soon-to-be roommate. They chat for a while before getting in the car, but once in, it becomes quiet. It's a lovely feeling for Cyr, just listening to Damon's voice and nothing else. He starts the car and they're on their way. They're still 20 minutes from his apartment when the conversation starts fading fast. He decides to talk about what he did while Damon was gone, which was a lot. While rambling on, he looks over at Damon to see if he was getting annoyed. Instead of finding Damon slumped in his seat with an annoyed expression, he finds him staring directly at him, but his eyes are distant. There's a strange, but pleasant, feeling in the pit of his stomach. It's somewhat overpowering. He stares back for what seemed like eternity, but was most likely a few seconds. He didn't want things to be too awkward so he decides to speak up.

"You ok?" He asks, slightly concerned when Damon hesitated to answer. He was stuttering badly when he did.

"Sorry... I... I was thinking," He ripped his eyes away from Cyr's and looked straight ahead.

"Well, as I was saying... when do you think you'll be able to come back after this? It's always so much fun with you around." Cyr knew Damon wasn't listening. He was distracted, and Cyr was curious.