Chapter 13: Seventeen and Pregnant with a Sack of Weed

My entire night went by in a haze. I slipped in and out of dreams where Chase would hold me close and we would have our ridiculously cliche fanfiction moment together. I refuse to accept that I had some silly crush on him, but no matter how much I deny it, it’s true. Ugh, I’m pretty sure I overdosed on teenage hormones. The continuous beeping from my alarm made sure I was up and in the bathroom taking a shower as Britton came down the hallway yelling for me to get my ass out of bed and that he wanted to talk to me. Wait, talk to me? Those were never good words. Hurriedly, I jumped into a pair of jeans, threw on a random band shirt, and slung my bag over my shoulder making my way down to the kitchen. There Britton was eating, more like shoving, a bowl of cereal down his throat.

“So what did you want to talk about?” I asked as I ate my lucky charms. Don’t judge, I really like those marshmallow rainbows.

“Umm.. I know this is really awkward for me to be saying, but it’s kind of my responsibility as the man of the house to give you this speech... and..” Britton said pulling out the last word as he scratched the back of his head.

“And what?” I asked curious to know what this speech is about.

“Well, I can only prevent you from boys for so long and I know you if you like someone and want to do somethings, I just want you to be protected and if you ever need like condoms or something I’m always here. But I really hope you wouldn’t need them now because you’re only like..” I couldn’t take it.

“Ohmygosh Britton. Stop. Please stop before I die of embarrassment.” I buried my head in my hands. Unbelievable.

“Char, I just want to make sure aware of the things guys try to do. You were naive with that dickhead who used you. I should have rearranged his face like-”

“No! Nope nope nope! I’m not listening. Stop! I’m going to go to the car. Bye.” I plugged my ears refusing to hear anything else Britton said. Literally running out the door, I made my way to the car and tried everything in my ability to get rid of the conversation I just had with Britton.

*

“Charlotte..” Britton started as he pulled the car into a parking spot in front of the school.

“No.” I stated simply as I gathered my stuff.

“But I didn’t even say anything yet!” He protested.

“You didn’t need to say anything. I knew what you were going to say.” I shuddered as I got out of the car. One more sexual lecture dodged. I walking into school I kept my head down and headed down the hallway to my locker. The hallways were almost deserted, but I didn’t mind, my first class today was study hall. As I shut my locker I found Chase standing right behind it.

“Holy shit! Chase, what the heck?” I whisper yelled at him.

“Just wanted to see how my favourite little Anon was doing.” He smirked. Immediately I looked around to see if anyone heard, and thankfully no one was in the hallways.

“Jesus, it’s like you’re asking me to have the entire internet population hate on you!” I said as I poked his very, very hard chest, but then I stopped. Last night came back into mind. I blushed as I stepped away from him. I’m useless with human contact.

“What are you thinking about there, my little secret blogger?” he asked as he leaned against the lockers. My blush went a shade darker. Rolling my eyes to save my last piece of sanity, I was about to walk away when a new voice came in the conversation.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” asked a slightly gruffed voice. Swiveling around I saw someone who I vaguely recognized as one of Chase’s friends. I gulped. Did he hear our conversation about my blog? Oh shit was about to go down. Chase stood straighter as soon as he saw the expression on my face.