Chapter Eight

Gabe's POV:

"I mean she forgets my name all the time...." Tyler goes on and on about Lindsay. While he is Lindsay this, Lindsay that, I am thinking about Hadley.

That multi colored hair just sets her apart. I mean, look for the rainbow, find her instantly. Just kidding, but Scout, she's perfect. And I don't think there is anyone else for me. But then again, Noah. That puny little thing caught her attention with a snap of the fingers. Scout and Noah are pretty close too... And that Cody kid is always stuck to her hip like there is no tomorrow.

Face it. Gabrielle Jonas Nelson, will never get the chance with Hadley Scout Grace McLean. And besides Gabe, her uncle would forbid it. I mean the only reason Noah is getting by is because he's Chris' secret assistant.

Maybe I could blackmail him into dating Izzy, or Katie, even Sadie. That would break Scout's heart... Then you swoop in and comfort her. Gabrielle! You can't do that! What if she found out it was you? She'd never forgive you, and you'd lose that friendship.

"Yo man, I thought we were talking about Lindsay. You just gave the whole world a monologue about Scout. You're dead meat man." Tyler says after I finish my thoughts. Only they weren't thoughts. SHE WILL HATE YOU FOREVER GABE! "Oh come on man, you two are friends. And you haven't talked since the whole booting off Noah thing." Tyler says. Stop thinking aloud Gabrielle. "I'm the only one besides himself that didn't vote Noah off." I cross my arms.

"Is all of that true?" A soft female voice says behind me.

Scout. Oh shit. Good going you nitwhit.