Chapter Ten

Noah's POV: *hehe, I feel a little cat fight coming on >:)*

"That multi colored hair just sets her apart. I mean, look for the rainbow, find her instantly. Just kidding, but Scout, she's perfect. And I don't think there is anyone else for me. But then again, Noah. That puny little thing caught her attention with a snap of the fingers. Scout and Noah are pretty close too... And that Cody kid is always stuck to her hip like there is no tomorrow. Face it. Gabrielle Jonas Nelson, will never get the chance with Hadley Scout Grace McLean. And besides Gabe, her uncle would forbid it. I mean the only reason Noah is getting by is because he's Chris' secret assistant. Maybe I could blackmail him into dating Izzy, or Katie, even Sadie. That would break Scout's heart... Then you swoop in and comfort her. Gabrielle! You can't do that! What if she found out it was you? She'd never forgive you, and you'd lose that friendship."

That Gabe kid starts talking about Scout. My hopeful girlfriend Scout. Catch the hopeful there? I can't wait to see her. What? Nerds can wish and dream for girls. There's more to us than books, ya know.

Everyone at Playa Da Loser gasps and turns my way. "Oh please, me work for Chris?" I can't believe he would say that. That's untrue and completely absurd. They nod believing me, turning their attention back to the screen. "Gabe is dead meat." I hear Owen mutter to Justin who turns to me and nods and then back to the TV.

Katie comes and sits by me. "You okay?"

I shake my head no, knowing that Gabe and Scout are working it out now. "My chances are over." I mutter, a tear slipping from my eye. "Noah, Scout really likes you. She cried for a really long time, isolating herself when you got kicked out." She wraps her arm around my shoulder hugging me. "Gabe stole her." Tears fall out more. "Noah Lucas Hayden, listen to me." Katie turns me towards her. "You and Scout were made for each other. Trust me. She'd never turn her back on you. She'll believe you when you tell her you're really not Chris' assistant. She'll believe you when you tell her how much you like her. How perfect she is. Just talk to her." Katie pulls me to my feet. "Remember that." She pulls me in for a hug. I happily accept missing Scout's body near mine. "Thank you Katie." I sigh. "Your shoulder is wet." I laugh a bit. "That's okay." She shrugs.

"Well don't you two look comfy." I turn around to Scout.

Oh dammit Noah. Nice going.