38

The Wedding💍

Today was the day that Dan and Phil become Mr and Mr. Howell-Lester. But unfortunately, Dan was late to his own wedding.

"Where in hell is he? Everyone is waiting! What if he doesn't want to marry me?" Phil gasps. "I should've known!

"Philip! Calm your tits." Mrs.Lester spoke affirmatively. "It'll be okay , he's just running a tad late. Once he gets here you'll be married don't worry." She winked, kissed his cheek and walked out of the room.

"Haven't you ever heard of closing a goddamn door?" Phil groaned.

After about 15 minutes later, Phil hears Calum speak loudly. "Okay Groom #2 is finally here! Let's get Phil out here to marry his man!" Phil chuckled quietly, stood up, preparing himself to marry the man of his dreams. He opens the double doors to the hallway. He sees his mother standing in front of the door that leads to Dan.

"Are you ready sweetie?" Mrs.Lester asks Phil, tears rolling down her cheeks. He smiled and nodded"I'm ready mum"

The doors open and music starts playing. Phil starts slowly walking down the aisle towards his love.

Dan looks up at Phil and goes breathless. His eyes start welling with tears because, well his dream is coming true. He is marrying Philip Michael Lester.

Before Dan could think about it more, Phil was standing right in front of him, looking at him like he was the most beautiful piece of art in the whole world. And to Phil, he was.

"We are gathered here today for the marriage of Philip Lester and Daniel Howell." The priest spoke loudly so everyone could hear.

"As Daniel and Philip take their vows today, we are privileged to witness the joyous love of a new family -- a family that will be nourished and nurtured through the devotion of two separate individuals growing together through the common bonds of love.
May their marriage bring them the peace, joy, comfort and contentment that is known in the hearts of all God's children. And may Daniel and Philip both look forward to each new season of their marriage --- just as the world looks forward to each new season of the year. For all seasons bring with them their own special moments and memories.
An essential requirement of a good marriage is a strong bond of real friendship and trust. Daniel and Philip, your love for each other will grow deeper with every passing day, but it's important to remember that your love stands on a foundation of genuine, mutual affection and respect for each other. To truly LOVE another person is to be willing to accept both their strong points, and their weak points, with equal measures of understanding and respect.
The vows you are about to exchange, will serve as a verbal representation of the non-verbal emotions that are as real as any thing that can be seen, heard or touched.
For it is not the words that you will speak today that will bond you together as one-but the strength of the love and commitment found deep within your souls."

Dan smiles at Phil and takes a deep breath, not worried about crying or not.

"Phil, the day you messaged me on Kik I wanted nothing more but to get rid of you." He chuckles. "But I'm glad things didn't turn out that way. You have shown me happiness that I never had in life. You showed me that even in your worst times, there's still a light shining down on you. You've saved me from myself. You make me happy and I'm so lucky to be able to call you mine. Forever and always." By the time Dan was finished, him and Phil were both crying.

The priest looks over to Phil, "Philip, would you like to recite your vows?" Phil smiled and nodded.

"The day I kiked you, I never thought that it would end up this way. I just thought you were cute and would be a good friend to have. But in all honesty I'm glad that things went opposite. You take my breath away everytime i look into your eyes. There isn't a day where I'm not amazed buy you in general. I'm so fu- sorry, freaking happy to be yours. I'm looking forward to having our own little family in our own home. I love you Dan." Dan was crying even more and mouthed the words "I love you" to Phil and Phil returned the gesture.

"At this time, I'll ask you, Daniel, and you, Philip, to face each other and take each other's hands.
Daniel, will you take Philip to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?"

Dan smiles, "I do."

"Philip, will you take Daniel to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?"

Phil smiles shyly, "I do"

"If anyone here has any reasons as to why these two should not be joined in Holy Matrimony, let him speak now or forever hold his peace"

Silence.

"May we have the rings?" The priest asks. Dans best man, Joshua, hands the rings to the priest and returns to his seat.

"May the Lord Bless these rings which you give to each other as your sign of Love, Devotion and ever lasting peace. Amen."

" As you place this ring on your partner's finger I ask that you repeat these words."

Dan and Phil grab each others free hand, the other holding the rings.

They both repeat the words, " This ring is my sacred gift to you, A symbol of my Love, A sign that from this day forward and always, My Love will surround you, With this ring I thee wed."

They are both crying and smiling bigger than before.

"For as much as Daniel and Philip have consented together in holy matrimony and have witnessed the same before God and those present, and have pledged their faithfulness, each to the other, and have declared their love by giving and receiving Rings and by joining hands, I now, by the authority committed unto me as a minister and a priest, declare that Daniel and Philip are husband and Husband according to the ordinance of God, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Those Whom God Has joined together, let no one put asunder."

"May the Peace and the Unconditional Love of God surround you and remain with you now and forevermore. Amen."

"You may seal you vows with a kiss." Dan and Phil turn towards the guest and stare into each other's eyes for a moment. Dan wipes Phils Tears away, grabs the back of his neck, pulls him in and Kisses him.

"Allow me to present Mr. and Mr. Howell-Lester"

----

Sorry if it's not accurate I haven't attended that many weddings! I had to do some research and this is by far my favorite chapter :)
Epilogue next!

QOTD: how did you like this book?

AOTD: it was amazing to write!