Two Years Later

After two excruciating years, he was finally having his third gennin exam.

As dead last of course, but this time he could pass it!

Over the last two years, Naruto had done... Specific things to certain people, this of course, including his damn traitorous sensei.

And yes, we are talking about Mizuki. No one will ever find his bod-him. No one will ever find him.

His friendship with Sasuke and surprisingly Shikamaru developed as well. The three were best friends, and spent nearly everyday after school training or having shoji matches with each other, usually along with a certain Akamichi, Inuzuka, as well as the Aburame, and surprisingly Hyuuga Hinata.

Due to their closeness, Sasuke and Shkamaru knew that Naruto was holding back in basically everything. This was also due to Shikamaru being too damn observant. He had never explained why, of course, and Sasuke never liked to be nosy. Or at least too nosy. Shikamaru, not so much.

They both had asked before of course, but Naruto had skilfully changed the subject each time.

More often then not this was returned with a glare or two every time after realisation of a subject change.

Thankfully, since Naruto had promised he wouldn't hold back this time, they backed off. Kinda.
_________________________________

"Ok everyone, today is the day that determines whether you become shinobi or not." Iruka announced to the class after they settled down.

"For the first test, it's going to be a written exam."

Groans could be heard throughout the class, as many found this to be the worst news they could have heard.

In his usual corner, Naruto received glares from his best friends, their eyes telling him to do his best or suffer in their hands. Twelve or not, the thought of those two trying to seriously hurt him caused shivers to go down neck.

'Best friends are scary...' Naruto thought to himself.
_________________________________

Naruto passed the all tests with flying colours, but since all his previous grades sucked, he still ended up being Dead Last. Yippee.
_________________________________

~The Next Day~

"I am very proud of you all today. You have all graduated and have become official Konoha ninja..." And on he went.

By now Naruto to had tuned out Iruka-Sensei's speech and was hoping the teams would turn out the same as last time.

"Now you will find out who your teammates for the rest of your genin days are."

By the time Iruka had gotten to team 7, Naruto was practically vibrating on his chair.

"Team 7 will contain Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke -"

At this the class became deathly quiet. All the girls who hadn't been put on a team yet were praying to be on Sasuke's team.

"And Haruno Sakura."

"SHANNARO!" Sakura practically screamed.

Whines and whimpers could be heard throughout the class, and all evil glares that were directed at Sakura were felt.

Especially the glares of the usually kind and polite Hyuuga Hinata.

The might of the Fangirls are truly scary.

But if you listened carefully you could here someone in the background saying, "Troublesome women."
_________________________________

The rest of the teams were the same as last time luckily, meaning Naruto didn't change TOO much.

Only as the teachers for the rest of the teams had came and gone, did he remember that Kakashi was always at least 2 hours late. If he was in a good mood. It was going to be a long wait.