Land mythicals : centaurs and satyrs

Centaurs :

The centaurs are a race of mythical creatures that are half human an half horse. They are depicted as the head and torso of a man with his waist joined to the horse's withers, where the horse's neck would be. They inhabited the mountains and forests, lived in mountain caves, hunted wild animals for food and armed themselves with rocks, tree branches and let built weapons of their own. They were generally considered to be uncivilized, and that was why they were part beast. While generally associated with barbarous behavior, notorious for being overly indulgent drinkers, given to violence when intoxicated, and generally uncultured. Most of the centaur population are male. And the female centaurs are rare and said to be of great beauty.

Notes :
- centaurs are known for violence and would uninvitedly go to marriages and carry off the soon-to-be-brides and have them as their own play toys.
- ratio of female and male centaurs is 1 is to 15.
- the centaur can overcome his baser instincts and rise to the level of enlightened humanity, symbolizing the raising of human consciousness to the level of maturity where living for the sake of others triumphs over self-interest.

Satyrs :

Satyrs are men with the legs of a goat, and sometimes have the tails and ears of a horse or donkey. They have pointed ears, short horns, and a fondness of merrymaking. They lived and roamed in the timberland and mountainous regions. Satyrs are described as roguish, but faint-hearted folk -subversive and dangerous, yet shy and cowardly. They were often depicted as fumbling, joking, and careless creatures. As Dionysiac creatures they are lovers of wine, women and boys, and are ready for every physical pleasure. They roam to the music of pipes, cymbals, castanets, and bagpipes, and love to dance with the nymphs (with whom they are obsessed, and whom they often pursue), and have a special form of dance called sikinnis.

Notes :
- mature satyrs are often depicted with goat's horns, while juveniles are often shown with bony nubs on their foreheads.
- some satyrs are depicted ad old.
- satyrs represent the three stages of a man's life: beards, fat and balding, both a humiliating and unbecoming disfigurement in Greek culture.
- also known as the hairy ones.