viii.

viii. HUMANITY

○ ○ ○

SEAN WALCOTT: 250

DAVID WALCOTT: 250

MICHAEL WALCOTT: 250

CHRISTINA WALCOTT: 250

LYDIA MARTIN: 20

SCOTT MCCALL: 25

CATERINA HALE: 50

DEMARCO MONTANA: 250

DEREK HALE: 15

CARRIE HUDSON: 500

KAYLEEN BETTCHER: 250

KIRA YUKIMURA: 6

ELLIAS TOWN: 250

The aftermath of the other night was hitting Carter head on, like taking bullets to the chest. While she was struggling to keep herself from lashing out and killing Stiles, Lydia had discovered a deadpool. Just when they thought they were going to have a few more months of peace, a hit list of supernatural creatures had surfaced. And another kick-in-the-ass was that they had only cracked one-third of the list. Out of the list, there were five names that struck a chord: Carter, Scott, Derek, Lydia, and Kira. They were all on it. But there were also a last name that stuck out, the Walcotts. Wendigos. The brunette put together that the deadpool was the reason why someone had literally buried his tomahawk in each family member.

Their killer came in the form of The Mute; a man with no mouth. While at first the man seemed vaguely terrifying, he was no longer posing as a threat. That night at Lydia's Lake House, Derek and Stiles' father had tracked him down, finding him at the school where he had already planted an explosive to catch and kill Derek. After finally being abtained, Peter had made it his soul purpose to tear out the assassin's throat after he tried to kill him.

That brought the explaintation to a conclusion, which routed them to the Sheriff's station. Stiles, Carter, and Scott were going over with the Sheriff what was currently happening in Beacon Hills. They needed to figure it out before they all found themselves dead. And, to make matters worse—if that was even possible—her and her friends were the highest numbers on the deadpool. Sean and his family only had a couple hundred thousand next to their names. Carter and the four others, their prices were up in the millions.

Carter had the highest price on her head; totaling at fifty million.

She was worth fifty million dollars dead.

It was a thought that scared her. It scared her because whoever created the deadpool new about her being a "new-found hybrid," jacking up the price even more. Scott was worth the second-most on the list, a whopping twenty-five million—which was an understandable price for a True Alpha. Whoever the Benefactor was, they knew things about Carter that she didn't even know about herself and they clearly wanted her dead.

"So, the Walcotts were the first, at least the first that we know about," Stiles began, taping up various photos with red tape. "Four murders: Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine. Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's Lake House. And got decapitated outside his car." He continued, attaching a photo of Demarco's dead body on the board. "And then last night, twenty-three year old Carrie Hudson."