ix.

ix. THE PERFECT STORM

○ ○ ○

AFTER ALMOST RIPPING Violet's throat out, Carter received a text from Lydia saying that she cracked another third of the list. It had been Aiden's name that time. Lydia sent the brunette a screenshot of the deadpool, allowing her to see all the names on the list. This third of the deadpool had Carter's head turning into a mess. Brett Talbot wasn't her first priority, but Jordan was. Deputy Jordan Parrish was not only on the deadpool, but he was worth five million dollars—compared to most, that was a lot. It paled in comparison to Carter's fifty million, but it was still enough to motivate the wrong people.

    Her earlier theory about Jordan being some sort of supernatural creature had just been proven. But, from what she could tell, Parrish was completely oblivious to the supernatural world. He didn't come off as shady, like Peter. In fact, he appeared to be a genuinely kind and charming young man that wanted nothing more than to help others. But he knew more than he was letting on, you couldn't work and live in Beacon Hills without figuring out that something was wrong with this town.

The brunette had exited the locker room before the cops showed up; needing the air to try and gather her bearings enough to go back inside and face the deadly situation she placed herself in only moments ago. When Stiles stumbled into the locker room he found Scott on the floor, cradling a sobbing Carter in his arms and she kept mumbling: "I don't know what's wrong with me" and "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to." It appeared as though she had a mental break down, until he noticed the blood covering her entire left hand.

But, she managed to pull herself together enough to fight her way back into the school. She was instantly met with various lacrosse players milling around in a panic, dealing with the aftermath of that night's events. She knew that Stiles was safe; the boy taking the liberty of driving Brett to the animal clinic to seek help from Deaton. She was completely lost and confused as she finally entered the high school—her main priority was to find Scott, despite how awkward it was going to be.

As she continued down the hallway, a familiar Beta was pushing through a crowd of players to get to her side. His bright blue eyes were wide, rushing toward the girl. Her sadness and guilt instantly disappeared and was replaced by concern as the boy approached her. She cupped his face in her hands, tilting it from side-to-side to make sure he wasn't injured.

"Hey, are you all right?" Liam questioned, reaching out and taking her bloodied hand into his own—examining her hand and arm. Also noticing the blood stain on her shirt, surrounding a large hole that had been created when Violet stabbed her. "Why are you covered in blood?"

"It's not mine," She breathed out. "It's Violet's blood. I stopped her from attacking Brett, which resulted in her stabbing me right before I tried to kill her. Now, on to more important matters, Lydia managed to crack the next part of the deadpool—you and Logan still aren't on it. But Brett was."

She raised herself onto her toes to try and find Scott over the sea of people. She knew that there was no point in trying to hone in on his scent or voice—there were too many voices buzzing around her and the entire hallway stunk of sweat and dirt. She had no idea where he could be, and she wanted to find him quickly. Needing him to know about Jordan. The enigma that was Jordan Parrish was quickly driving her insane. It wasn't the fact that he was supernatural—that much she had assumed before she found out—it was that she doesn't know what he is. She would've been able to tell if he were a werewolf...but there were so many other possibilities.