Chapter 2 : Lucky

HEADS UP! I am using Luke Hemmings as Wren Costello because its my story and I can do whatever the hell I want so no hate please! NO HATE! I LOVE YOUUUU! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Valerie's POV]

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* 

I hear my alarm clock for school go off. 

I hate school. 

Now you may be thinking, "If you are a secret how do you go to school".

I have a fake family. 

My mummy's mum and dad (my grandparents) set up my whole school thing under a fake name. Instead of Winehouse, Its Kahan. 

Kahan is a traditional Jewish last name and, yes, we are Jewish. Why do you think my mum always wears a star of david necklace?

I started to get ready for school when my phone buzzed. I walked to my bedside table to pick it up.

I open the text and see its from my mum.

Hello love. I hope school goes wonderfully today. I know you were mad at me yesterday but I hope you aren't anymore. I love you so much. I'll see you after school today. Hugs and kisses! 

I click my phone off. 

I set my phone down again and continue getting ready. (The picture above is Valerie's outfit)

How could she see me after school? She never sees me two days in a row. 

I push the thought aside and finish getting ready. I walk downstairs and grab a banana off of the counter. As I walk to the door I think of my mum again and I start to kind of miss her. I sort of wish I hadn't gone off on her yesterday. Once again, I push the thought aside and continue on my way. 

I walk down the street and I see a group of my classmates coming out of their neighborhoods to walk to school. 

One of them is Wren Costello, a junior. He's super hot and super cool. Two things I'm not. I've kind of had a crush on Wren for a long long time but since I'm a sophmore I don't really think I have much of a chance. 

I walk a bit faster to try and catch up with them

I walk a bit faster to try and catch up with them. I see a couple of Wren's friends and a couple of people in my grade walking in a big group. 

I see Wren talking and laughing with his best friends Marco and Jude. I see him turn around and I quickly look at my shoes. I tuck some hair behind my ear and scold myself. I know he saw me. I know he did. I look up again slowly to see him still staring at me. He is smiling, but as soon as I look up, he looks away. 

Oh. My. God. He was smiling at ME! 

We have reached the school by this point and there are so many students hanging around outside and inside waiting for class to start. I see my best friend Mila sitting under a tree with our guy friend Harry.

"MILA OH MY GOD I HAVE TO BLOODY TELL YOU SOMETHING WONDERFUL!" I say as I run to where they are. 

"Spit it out then!"She says, hugging me as I sit.

"Another story about a boy, I bet. And what boy? Let me guess...Wren Costello." Harry says, sarcastically. 

"Oh Harry you are just jealous. But yes...it's about him." I blush and he rolls his eyes. Mila squeals and grabs my hands.

"TELL ME TELL ME!" She begs.

"HE WAS SMILING AT ME!" I scream.

"OH MY GOD!" She squeals. Harry rolls his eyes again and goes back to his drawing. Harry is an artist. We dated for a while and we became such good friends that when we broke up, he became my best guy friend. Mila, I've known since the first day I ever came to school when I was in the 1st grade. 

Mila and Harry have no idea that my mother is Amy Winehouse. I told them my mom was a flight attendant so she travels a lot and my dad is in the army and they never really ask questions so I get by.

We fangirl for another few moments before the bell rings. We walk Harry to his art class and Mila and I walk to Chemistry. One of my classes with Wren. 

We walk into the room and I see him sitting in a seat with an empty chair beside him. 

"Well go ON!" Mila says as she pushes me toward the chair. 

"NO!" I say.

"GO!" She pushes me harder and I almost stumble onto the ground. I walk slowly toward the seas and see Wren reading a book. 

"Uh...Is this...this seat taken." I ask in a soft voice. Wren looks up from his book and a smile spreads across his face. 

"No. But you can take it." He closes his book, sets it on the table and pulls the chair out. I set my bag down and sit in the chair.

"Valerie, right?" He asks with a smirk.

"Um yeah. Hi. You're Wren, right?" I say. I'm so nervous and my palms are sweaty. I tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear and smile.

"Yep. That's me." He chuckles and smiles at the ground. 

I'm not sure what to say next. But he is.

"So. What sports do you play?" He asks me.

"Soccer. I also do Theatre and I'm in a band with my friends. But those don't count as sports I suppose." 

"That's so cool! I'm in a band with my friends to! I play guitar. You?" He gazes at me with his beautiful eyes.

"Vocals." I answer.

"That's so cool. I should come watch you guys play." He says.

Before I can answer the teacher walks in and tells everyone to be silent. 

"Class, today we are going to be doing a lab so grab a partner." 

I look over at Mila and she smiles. 

"Hey, wanna be my partner?" I hear Wren ask, but I doubt it's directed toward me. "Valerie?" He says. I turn, shocked he is asking me. 

"Yeah! Of course!" I say. I turn to look at Mila. She mouths 'Its fine! You go girl!' and turns to ask someone else. I smile and turn back towards Wren who is smiling at me. 

I smile back.

I have never been so happy in my entire life.