Chapter 3 : Unlucky

Is anyone even reading this???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Amy's POV]

"Well...she's gonna be PISSED! I can't fucking deal with this right now, Blake! I'm going to be late and like I said, SHE WILL BE PISSED!" I scream into the phone, hang up before he can reply, and shove it in my pocket.

I push the conversation aside in my mind and continue on my way to the car. 

As I drive I think of Valerie. I think of what Blake's decision would mean for her. 

Once again, I push the thoughts aside in my mind. I turn the radio on and soon, my song Valerie is blasting through my car speakers.

I take a swig of some scotch I grabbed out of the refrigerator before I left home.

" 'CAUSE SINCE I'VE COME ON HOME, WELL MY BODY'S BEEN A MESS! AND I'VE MISSED YOUR GINGER HAIR AND THE WAY YOU LIKE TO DRESS!"

I scream the lyrics as I drive faster and faster, determined to get to Valerie's art show on time.

All of a sudden I hear car horns beeping and that's the last thing I remember before it all goes black.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Valerie's POV]

"Valerie! Hey! Come on! Hurry up!" I hear Harry call my name as I walk toward his locker. "Someone's going to take our spot!" He adds.

"Nobody would do that." I say.

"They would to." He argues.

"They would be too afraid. They'd think I'd hunt them down and suck their blood." I say. Everyone thinks I'm a vampire. I don't know why. Maybe it's the dark clothes and dark hair. and the dark makeup. and the dark thoughts.

"Val...don't listen to them." He says. He lays his hand on my arm as we sit down at our usual spot under the tree.

"Harry-....I-"
"Whoa guys...didn't mean to *cough* interrupt." Mila cuts me off as she sits down and smiles at me then glances at Harry who jerked his hand away the moment Mila said something.

We smile at eachother and then begin eating. I hear people whispering around me. I turn and look and see people staring at the televisions outside. One is turned to the news channel.

"...Amy Winehouse.." I hear someone whisper. I whip my head around to see who said it. I follow their line of vision and see a picture of my Mum on the screen and a picture of a crushed car next to her. 

The banner across the bottom reads : 'Singer, Amy Winehouse, is hospitalized following a bad motor vehicle accident.' 

My heart drops. 

"Oh my god that sounds so bad." Mila says. "You like her music, don't you Val?" She turns to me. I still can't breath or speak or anything so I just stare at her. She doesn't know that Amy is my mummy and I can't tell her. But I have to get out of here.

"Uh...m-my s-sandwich is m-making me f-feel s-sick." I say, shaking uncontrollably.

"Val? Why are you shaking? Are you alright?" I feel Harry's hand on my back.

"I-im...f-fine...j-just a l-little s-sick. I-I'm g-gonna go to the n-nurse...." I say, standing up slowly or I'll pass out.

I walk inside and through the halls. I pass the front office without being seen and I bolt out the door. 

I know which hospital she's at because it's the only one closest to anything.

I run. 

fast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Little girl...Why don't you go on back home and play tag or something." The nurse looks at me. I told her that I am a close friend of Amy and that I need to see her. It's been almost twenty minutes and I still haven't seen her.

"I am NOT a little girl! I am 16 years old and I want to see her! I demand it!" I scream.

"Okay...I'm sorry but I'm going to have to call security..." The nurse, Edith, says. 

"Oh my god! Let me see her!" I scream as I bolt past the other two nurses toward the room Amy is in.

"HEY COME BACK!" Edith screams. I slam and lock the door. I hear pounding coming from the other side as soon as I close it. I turn around and see Amy laying there. Her eyes are closed. Asleep I hope.

"Mum....." I whisper. I didn't mean for her to hear it but Amy has really good ears. She hears EVERYTHING.

"Valerie...." She says, her voice weak and scratchy. 

"Are you alright? Do you need anything?" I ask as I walk away from the door and toward her bed. The pounding has ceased.

"I just need you, is all." She says, smiling weakly. 

"What happened?" I ask, sitting in a chair next to her bed.

"I....I..." Her eyes fill with tears.

"No! No don't cry! I didn't mean to make you cry!" I start to panic. I get shaky again and my palms get sweaty. I have really bad anxiety and I get panic attacks a lot. Hopefully it's not happening now.

"Val...breathe...it's okay...just breath...deep breaths." She tries to help me, even though SHE'S the one who needs helping. She's had to help me with many panic attacks and anxiety attacks and such. She knows exactly what to do.

"I-I'm f-fine..." I say, reaching a shaky hand up to hold hers. She holds it tight and smiles at me again. As she smiles, the door opens behind us.

"LITTLE GIRL, I'M GOING TO HAVE TO ASK YOU TO GET OUT OF THIS ROOM NOW! OR I'LL FORCE YOU OUT!" A big man with a security outfit on says with his booming voice. 

"She doesn't need to go...this is my...my friend." Amy says. 

I turn to look at Edith whose jaw drops.

"Told you." I say softly. Amy smiles at me. 

"I'm terribly sorry Miss Winehouse." The security guard apologizes. 

"So so so sorry!" Edith adds. I glare at her and she glances at me and then back at Amy. She looks puzzled for a second as I look at her and then I look away, noticing what she was noticing. 

She thought Amy and I looked alike. I could see it in her face and her expression. 

What if she knows?

What if she tells?