Chapter 4 : Back To Black

[Valerie's POV]

I sat there trying to contemplate whether to confront the nurse or just leave it alone and pretend nothing ever happened. Mum was asleep now so I was walking through the halls looking for the vending machine so I could grab some water.

"I heard that Amy Winehouse is in this hospital. No surprise. She's COMPLETELY MENTAL!" I hear a woman's voice say loudly. I whip my head around and see a woman in a wheelchair shaking her head in agreement toward a woman walking beside her. I turn back around to continue looking for a vending machine.

"Yeah. I heard it's because of drugs. AGAIN." The woman replies with a laugh as she says AGAIN. She has an american accent. I hate american accents.

"That's not true." I say, turning to look at both of the women. They look a bit shocked.

"And what do YOU know about this, little girl." The woman standing up asks.

"Ugh why does everyone think I'm LITTLE! I'm fucking sixteen for your information!" I scream at them. "And what you are saying about Amy is NOT true." I glare at them both.

"How would you know?" The woman in the wheelchair laughs at me.

"Because I know her." I say

"Because you KNOW her. Because she KNOWS her." The woman mocks me as she laughs with the other lady.

"I do. I can prove it." I say walking closer to them. I pull my phone out and show them my lock screen wallpaper. It's a picture of Amy and I when I was a child.

"You could have edited this to make it look like it was you guys together." The woman says skeptically, but I know she thinks it's real.

"Nope. I didn't. How could a LITTLE girl do all THAT!" I tease.

Both women look at me and then at each other.

"So, no, what you are saying is NOT true." I say, walking away. I start to walk toward my moms room and I see Edith staring at me. I look away and keep walking.

"Hey! You! C'mere!" I hear Edith. I stop and contemplate whether I should run. Before I make my decision, she's already talking to me. "I know about you and Amy." She says.

My heart drops.