Chapter 5 : Don't Tell

{Valerie's POV}

"H-how..." I stutter.

"It isn't that hard to see." She whispers as I continue to walk toward my mum's room and she follows.

"Please..y-you can't-"

"Don't worry. I won't." She says, smiling softly at me. "I understand that there is probably a reason nobody knows."

We finally reach Amy's room and she says goodbye.

"Thank you. For understanding" I say as I open the door and smile at her. I close the door and turn around. Blake, my father, is sitting in the chair next to her bed.

"This doesn't change my decision....." I hear him whisper as Amy clears her throat and he turns around.

"Valerie!" He exclaims as he jumps up and hugs me tight.

"What decision?" I ask, hugging him back. Its been a while since I've seen him.

"Oh nothing baby girl." Amy says before he answers. He turns to look at her. she glares then he looks back at me.

"Yeah it's nothing. Well Id best be off." He says. He plants a kiss on my forehead and walks out of the room without even acknowledging Amy again.

"What was that all about Mum?" I ask, turning to look at the door he just slammed and then back at my beautiful mum.

"Erm....Nothing to worry about now..." She answers, but I can see in her eyes that something is wrong. 

"Mummy you can tell me anything." I say, coming closer and grabbing her hand.

"I know love but like I said, we shouldn't worry about it now." 

I decide to stop talking about it because I can see it is hurting her. 

I just sit there holding her hand and cherishing our moments together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A COUPLE WEEKS LATER]

{Valerie's POV}

"MUM THE PHONE IS RINGING!" I scream from the kitchen. Amy is in her room getting ready for our family dinner. 

"I've got it." She says, rushing into the kitchen to grab the phone. "Hello?" She answers. "Oh..He-" She gets quiet. I see her happy expression turn into sadness.

"What is it?" I ask, concerned. 

"Alright. See you then." She hangs up and throws the phone across the room. I stand there, in shock. She puts her head in her hands and then turns to look at me. She forces a smile. "Let's start dinner shall we?" She asks. 

"What about dad? He isn't here yet." I say

"He isn't coming." She answers. She starts to pick up the third plate I set up on the table.

"Why not?" I ask, sadly.

"It's hard to explain. Lets just...lets just have some mummy daughter dinner time." She says, forcing another smile. 

I smile back and slowly sit down.

I have to get to the bottom of what's wrong.