final

there were plasma screens of arrival and departure times on the wall of the airport. at the departure hall, people were lined up at the check-in desk with suitcases and baggage while at the arrivals, there was a curious mixture of bored and excited people. some looked like they were waiting for a bus, others like they were children waiting for santa himself, some lounged on the low comfy chairs and others, bounced on their toes. but out of all these people, a familiar figure could soon be seen sauntering out of the crowd with a trolley loaded with luggage.

craning his neck, jimin searched high and low for the presence of his brother as soon as he stepped out of the arrival hall, until he finally caught ji-woon waving at him from a far.

"hyung!", ji-woon shouted for his attention and hopping over excitedly to his side, ji-woon took over the bags from jimin's hands before then, signaling him to run along, asap.

"hyung, just go ahead first. graduation will begin in an hour's time! just leave me with the luggage", ji-woon told him and nodding his head to his words, jimin immediately ran along to flag a cab.

there was a slight delay in his flight previously, thereby rendering him to arrive this late in korea, but heaving a sigh of relief when a vacant cab soon drove up to the pavement, jimin hastily boarded it. however, just as he was about to shut the door, a hand suddenly held out to stop him.

looking up, jimin found his brother grinning widely at him as he furrowed his eyebrows back, but taking him by surprise shortly after, ji-woon carefully placed a bouquet of flowers in jimin's hands.

"you can't turn up there without this,"

ji-woon winked at him, clicked his tongue and with that, he took a step back from the cab.

"fighting hyung!", he then cheered.

a smile was plastered all over jimin's face as he acknowledged his brother's efforts and looking down, he stared at the bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"see you soon, park haeri", he uttered softly to himself and just then, the driver called out to him.

"young man, where to?"
"to 더받高득템中,"

---

the ride back to their school lasted for almost half an hour and so, upon reaching, jimin wasted no time in hurrying down the cab, running through the main gate of his school. panting heavily, jimin soon found himself standing in the middle of the hallway, surrounded by those familiar looking lockers. twirling his body around, he couldn't help but to smile at the sight as memories of the past came flashing through his mind.

with heavy steps, jimin ambled towards the direction of his locker and slowly unlocked it. everything still looked the same but only, jimin's eyes flickered to that one thing - which was of his only concern. retrieving it out from his locker, jimin swept off the dust that have collected on the biscuit container. and then slowly, he let open the lid and took out that very last letter which haeri had written to him.

"here it is", a warm smile crept upon his lips. jimin fiddled with the letter in his hands but when he eventually looked up, his heart skipped a beat when he soon spotted that figure he has been longing to see ever since.

"park haeri", jimin trailed as he caught that melancholy shadow of hers holding on to a letter while pressing her cheeks against the table to study it.