Chapter 2

Minhee's P.O.V

I peeked through my window's curtains, watching the chaos down below. It was barely afternoon when the outbreak happened. I was here with my step brothers, my parents left for the store but they never came back.

I watched a man being devoured by the ghoulish demons, i threw my hand over my mouth to stop myself from gagging at the horrendous sight.

Never had i thought this would happen.

"Minhee! Get down here now!" My step brother, Jin, whispered loudly from the bottom of the stairs.

Closing the curtains back, i left the room with a sudden urge to get sick. At the bottom of the stairs, i could see Jin and the other boys. They looked at me with fear glowing from their eyes.

I gulped as i made my way to them, my hand gripping the railing of the staircase to death.

"What the hell are we going to do? We can't go out into that death zone." Yoongi declared. The boys and i all nodded at him.

He's right.

But we have to figure out what we're going to do to survive. We can't stay here either, it's too risky. Maybe we need to transfer to a higher leveled building.

"He's right, but we need to make a move also. We can't stay here for long, the infected will discover us soon." Namjoon spoke, this was all so overwhelming.

What about mom and dad?

"What about mom and dad?" I let my thoughts leave my mouth.

The whole room went silent as the situation actually sunk into their brains.

"I doubt they're coming back, Minhee." Jimin deadpanned.

Well jeez thanks for reassuring me, Jimin.

"We can't worry about them anymore, I'm sure they would want us to survive." Hoseok muttered.

As sad as this was to me, i had to suck it up and get through this.

"Jimin go start packing up everyone's clothes, and pack them neatly." Jin gave Jimin a stern look before turning to the others, dismissing Jimin. We then looked to him for the next instruction.

"Yoongi and Minhee, go find or make something to defend ourselves with. Sit them by the garage door for when we're ready to leave." Jin demanded, looking at Yoongi and i cautiously.

I grabbed Yoongi's hand and walked towards the basement, leaving the remaining 3 boys behind.

My heart was pounding against my ribcage, the sound thumping in my ears.

I took a deep breath as i look to Yoongi, he looked scared too. His eyes saying it all. He then swooped me up into a big hug before whispering.

"We're going to get through this. We're not going to lose anyone, just know that i love you and the boys." He whispered in my ear, a tear climbing down his cheek. I reached up and wiped it away with my thumb.

Oh Yoongi...

"We will get through this Yoongi. We all love you too. But let's keep our heads up and have a zombie party." I smiled a little. He lightly laughed at my joke, a smile brightening up his gloomy expression.

He opened the basement door and descended the stairs, leading to the bottom. I followed stealthily, becoming alarmed from the darkness. I've always been a little intimidated by the darkness, it disturbed me for some reason.

Flicking on the light switch, Yoongi took a look around the square room full of boxes and knick knacks.

I haven't been down here in years... it would have looked like a dungeon if it wasn't for the boxes there.

"Start searching." He mumbled, kicking a box with his jordans.

This was a nightmare.