Chapter 1: Meeting Of the Lords

APHMAU'S POV

"I now call the 1st bi-annual meeting of the Phoenix Alliance to order!" I proclaimed. "Recent topics of discussion include the increase of shadow souls and the invasion of O'Khasis by the Tu'la reigion. The floor is now open for discussion. I looked quickly around at all my fellow lords an friends as well as their guards. Levin and Dante of Phoenix Drop, Cadenza and Vincent of New Meteli, Hailey of Pikoro Village, and John and Lyra of Bright Port.

All was silent for a moment before finally Cadenza, lord of New Meteli, stood up. "Nothing much to report from Meteli other than that we have seen an increase in shadow souls in the surrounding forest. However, none have touched the village. Cloud, Vincent, and Zack have made sure of that." She nodded toward her guard, Vincent, before sitting down again.

Levin stood up. "We have continued construction on Phoenix Drop. Trade has improved and our village is for the most part repaired to its former state. Like Cadenza, we have seen a few shadow souls around, but none have gotten past the gates."

I nodded, "very well, does anyone have anything else to report?" Hailey and John had not given reports yet, though it didn't look like they had much to say.

"No."

"Not really."

"Then this meeting is adjourned. Should anything happen, be sure to send messengers to your fellow Alliance members." I nodded again as everyone began to disperse.

"I do wish we could stay longer!" Cadenza smiled, "but we really mustn't give those horrid souls a chance to get in. Goodbye, Aphmau!"

"Goodbye, Cadenza!" I smiled back. Cadenza really was a wonderful friend. "I really must be going too," I thought to myself. "I should check on Levin first though... my goodness, he's grown into such a fine young man"

"Mom!" I turned around to see Levin walking toward me. "Mom, I have something to tell you... I didn't exactly tell the full truth at the meeting... We have seen a huge increase in shadow souls. Probably more than Meteli. We're managing to hold them off... for now... I don't know how much longer Dante, Alexis, and Kyle can manage..." he said as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Levin..." I know how much stress he's under being the new lord. I wish he would take it easy on himself and realize that it's not always easy.

"N-nevermind. I shouldn't have said anything. I know that you've got a lot on your mind... with the invasion of O'khasis by the Tu'la region and all... don't worry about us, I'm sure we can handle it." He flashed a smile and turned to the direction of Phoenix Drop.

"Levin... wait. It doesn't matter how busy I am. Yes, the Tu'la region is a threat, but there's an entire forest in the middle of the region and Hyria would never let them get through. And sailing around the entire Ru'an region would take months! Just know that no matter what happens, I... no, we, always have time for you. Right, Laurance?"

"Mmmmhmm, yeah," Laurance said distractedly.

I shook my head, "Laurance... whatever, Levin, if you ever need any help, you know where to find us. I have to go, if I don't get back to the boat soon, Katelyn will come down and find me herself." I laughed. "Laurance is acting a bit odd...hm..." I thought.

Levin smiled, "Okay, bye mom. Safe travels!" He walked over to Dante who was holding their horses.

"Laurance, are you ready to go now?" I asked.

"Hm?" He snapped his head up "Oh yeah, let's go."

As they walked toward the ship, I turned and asked reproachfully, "Laurance, are you okay? You seem a little off."

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. It's nothing." He said nervously.

"Laurance. We talked about this earlier, remember? If something's worrying you, you can always tell me." I said encouragingly. And it was true. Laurance is my best friend.

"Well... it's just that, I mean, when Cadenza mentioned the increase in shadow souls, I don't know, I just like... felt something inside of me. Maybe it's because I'm from Meteli, but recently I've been having this feeling that something is shifting. Something in the Ne-" My attention was quickly snatched by a voice from our boat.

"APHMAU, where have you been??? You took all afternoon! A couple hours... as if. Hmph." Lucinda tossed her hair over her shoulder.

Katelyn walked to her side "I have been wondering where you were as well. I was about to get off of the boat and find you myself."

I glanced at Laurance before turning to Lucinda and Katelyn. "Heh... sorry, the meeting was located further inland then we thought! It took a while to get there and back. Now let us on the boat? Please?" I smiled.

"Hmmmmm, what's the password?" Lucinda asked playfully.

"Lucinda, are you serious?" Katelyn shook her head, "Here Aphmau, Laurance." She tossed down a ladder.

After Laurance and I climbed on the dock I heard a voice from across the deck. "Lucinda, Katelyn, I've planned our trip back. If we sail fast, we can get back by nightfall. That is, if Aphmau and Laurance ever get back." Travis looked up, "Hey, speak of the devil! We can finally get going!"

"That's great Travis!" I said, "Let's go then. Is everyone ready?" We had stayed here longer than we intended to, anyway. I've really been wanting to make the Phoenix Alliance capital but we've just been so busy lately.

"I'm going to my bed." Laurance said abruptly then quickly walked off.

"Ummm okay, other than that, is everyone ready?" I stared concerned after Laurance.

Katelyn looked around. "Looks like it." She turned to find Travis looking down. "Travis....what are you doing."

"Oh, um, nothing, LET'S GO, YEAH, gotta get home and all that." He grinned nervously.

Katelyn narrowed her eyes. "Su-u-u-u-re."

"Oh, Travis. Just get us home, will you?" I laughed. Maybe Travis actually likes Katelyn, I smiled at the thought.

"Sure thing, baby. We're on our way now!"

Thank you sooo much for reading this part! I wrote the next 3 chapters today as well so they'll be here too (*⌒∇⌒*)