Chapter 2: Discovering Irene

APHMAU'S POV

"Land, ho!" Travis shouted.

"Finally," Katelyn moaned. "I hate boats."

The boat docked and I lowered herself to the dock. I turned only to see Chad waiting for me. What could he possibly want now?

"YOUNG LADY" Chad yelled in excitement.

"Oh no...what now..." I groaned.

"YOUNG LADY, I RECENTLY CAME ACROSS A BOOK DATING BACK TO 900 YEARS AGO, THE TIME OF LADY IRENE. THIS MAN IS A FAMOUS SCHOLAR AND ONE OF THE FEW TO COME BACK ALIVE FROM THE IRENE DIMENSION. AS I WAS READING THIS BOOK, I FOUND AN INTERESTING NOTE INBETWEEN THE PAGES."

"Chad... why are you telling me this." I sighed.

"WELL, I have heard a few things about YOU young lady and I THOUGHT you might like to know a little more about this... Lady Irene character."

"How did you...fine, whatever, just tell me."

"FANTASTIC," He ran up until he was uncomfortably close to her face. "LIKE I SAID, I found a note tucked in between the pages saying," Aphmau backed away only to have him step even closer, "ahem, 'I must have stayed in her dimension for a day. Maybe more. When I returned, not a week had passed! According to written records of other people who had entered the dimension one minute is a year in the overworld. By that math, I would have been gone nearly four years. Perhaps Irene can control the flow of time in her dimension?' NOW ISN'T THAT ABSOLUTELY FASCINATING??" he jumped up and down.

"I-I..." I was speechless for a moment. "That is indeed interesting information. Thank you, Chad." I gave him a smile and backed away. "We should head back to camp. How is Aaron, do you know?"

"That young fellow is absolutely fine, he and that masked lad were just around the fire at camp" he said very fast while running aimlessly around the beach.

I smiled and rolled my eyes, "Okay, well, Travis, would you mind getting Laurance? Let's all head back to camp."

"No problem, baby, we'll meet you three ladies back at camp," he winked at me.

"Travis... shut up." Katelyn said.

Lucinda laughed, "Katelyn, calm down! Get off the boat too, if you hate it so much,"

"Hmph." Katelyn glared after Travis.

"Well, you guys can stay here as long as you want, but I want to check up on Vylad and Aaron. See you guys around!" I waved and walked toward the camp. "How interesting.... Can Irene really control the flow of time? Well, it is her dimension. I'll think about it later."

Thanks so much for reading this part! Hope you enjoyed  (*⌒∇⌒*)