Chapter 9: Missing Comrades?

Three days later...

LAURANCE'S POV

"Good morning, Lucinda, how're ya doing?" I heard Travis say cheerfully in the other room. "You're looking as beautiful as ever!"

"Thanks, Travis," she laughed. "I'm feeling quite a bit better, I think I'm ready to leave New Meteli! Not that I don't like it, but we have more important things to do." I could hear her sipping her drink. Travis probably brought it to her.

I was on my bed, waiting for Aphmau to return. She had left to take another look at the Nether portal. Of course, I had insisted on coming, but she said it was too risky and took Katelyn instead. Travis was lucky. I was happy for him, of course, but I couldn't help being a bit jealous.

"Laurance, are you doing okay?" I looked up and saw Cadenza at the doorway.

"Fine," I smiled at her, "Any sign of Aphmau?"

"As a matter of fact, yes, we spotted her returning just a few minutes ago, she should be here any-"

"LAURANCE," I heard a scream from downstairs. It sure sounded like Aphmau, but I've never heard her so panicked. I raced downstairs and saw her, wide-eyed, and breathing very fast. "Laurance, I was at the werewolf village, at the Nether portal to be specific, and I was thinking about... Sasha and... and..." she trailed off.

"Aphmau, what is it?" Katelyn said and turned to me, "she wouldn't say the whole time because she wanted everyone to hear it."

"Aphmau, it's okay, just calm down and tell us," I touched her hand but quickly drew back.

She took a deep, shaky breath "I realized that we haven't seen Chad since we got off the boat. W-what if something happened to him?"

"That's what you were... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA," Katelyn laughed, "he's probably just somewhere learning things. We'll find him eventually."

"Katelyn! It's not funny! We have to find him before something happens, he's the only one who knows how to properly use the boat," I could tell she was panicking.

"What's all the yelling??" Lucinda asked, she was on her feet for the first time in days. "Oh!" she looked a little unbalanced, but Travis seemingly materialized at her side and stabilized her.

"Lucinda! You're back on your feet!" Aphmau smiled but then remembered what she was talking about. "I'm worried about Chad. We haven't seen him since we docked, and we can't afford to lose him, not just because he's part of our crew, but because he's the only one who knows how to use the boat."

"Well, you're not wrong about him being the only one who knows how to use the boat. Come to think of it... has anyone seen Aaron?" Lucinda looked around.

"AARON!!!!! I didn't even think about him!!" the worry on her face more than doubled.

"What are we waiting for! Let's go!" Travis exclaimed. "Lucinda, can you walk?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty much better, I can make it."

"Let's check the ship first..." and with that she ran toward the shore, her long, ebony hair flowing behind her.

Aphmau was fast, I could barely keep up with her. It was a sizable run to the boat, and the only thing I could think about the whole time was how gracefully she ran. Suddenly everyone stopped, and Aphmau gasped.

"The boat... i-it's gone..."

OOH THE PLOT THICKENS~ Kind of a short chapter but it's Easter (happy Easter) and I have candy to eat. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! 

Ciao~ (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧