Chapter 11: The Discovery

LAURANCE'S POV

"Aaron, what exactly happened?!?!?!" Aphmau said while untying Michi, Chad and Aaron.

He rubbed his wrists and winced. "Last I saw you, we were at the ruins of Meteli. I noticed Chad was missing, but I didn't want to worry you so I went back to the ship alone. A foolish decision on my part." He took a drink of the water that was handed to him.

"Go on," Aphmau urged.

"I came back on the ship and found it completely empty, or so I thought. I went below deck to the prisons and found Sasha's cell, two of the bars were cut from the inside. It looked like she'd been working on it for a while. Anyway, I turned around and there she was, she hit me on the head with...something, and next thing I know, I'm tied up there," he gestured toward the mast, "with these two who wouldn't stop talking." He shook his head. "Aphmau, I'm sorry. I'm sorry to all of you for causing such trouble."

"Aaron, it's okay, you couldn't have known," Aphmau smiled but I could tell she was worried. She always had a little line in between her eyebrows. I was worried too, I couldn't help thinking about that feeling I told Aphmau about a while back. I didn't want to tell her I was feeling it again, but I felt I had to.

As if she read my mind, Aphmau turned to me. "Laurance, you remember a while back when you were telling me about that feeling you were having?"

"Wait, when was this??" Lucinda asked.

I gave her an icy stare. "When we were returning from the lords' meeting and you interrupted us from the boat."

"O-oh..." Lucinda bit her lip

I sighed. "I'm sorry, Lucinda, I'm just really on edge. But yes, Aphmau, I do remember that, and I'm feeling the same feeling again, but stronger. Aaron, did you see which way she went?" I asked.

"No, sorry."

"Michi knows! But pleeeasseee get him away!!! Nya~" I looked over and saw that Chad was getting uncomfortably close.

"Um hey, Chad, why don't you check on the boat's power source, um, thing." Aphmau put on a fake smile.

"Splendid idea! Who knows what that lady could have done. Chad, awaaayyy!" He ran below deck.

"So, Michi, you know which direction?"

"Oh yes, Michi knows," she put on a sly smile and pressed up very close to me. "Michi will tell you anything."

"Okay, then tell me," I pushed her off of me.

"Hmph. Fine, she went that way," she pointed with a pouting face.

After thinking for a minute I realized. "That's the way to Meteli. Aphmau, what if... what if she's in the Nether?"

"Would that be a bad thing," Aphmau cocked her head. "I mean sure, we don't have her in our custody, but she's not destroying villages or anything."

"You don't understand." I started pacing, "this feeling I've been having... I haven't said anything, but it's been harder not to revert to my Shadow Knight form. It's like the darkness is growing stronger." I snapped my fingers. "Wait. I think I know what's happening." I felt the blood drain from my face. "I think she's found a way to bring back the Shadow Lord."

Just a short chapter I wrote for fun before I had to go to bed. Hope you enjoyed!

Ciao~