Chapter three: staying the night

Angelique was inside a room with Crystal. Barnabas was in with her. Josette was too busy watching their son Bramwell to know that Angelique was there. Bramwell was a year older than Crystal. Josette and Bramwell walked into the room and Josette looked at Angelique.

"Angelique!" Squealed Josette as she ran to her.

She hugged her and Angelique looked at her with sadness. I forgot we were friends before I killed her, we were very close, but I was too jealous to realize our bond, thought Angelique. Angelique hugged her. Barnabas looked at the two women and smiled. Bramwell looked at Angelique and hid behind Josette. Angelique looked at him and smiled.

" hi there my name's Angelique Bouchard." Murmured Angelique.

"I'm Bramwell Collins." Whispered Bramwell shyly.

Angelique smiled. Barnabas looked at her and didn't see the same jealousy as Angelique always gave him and his family. Angelique had her own family now, and that is Sky and Crystal. There was a knock on the door and Barnabas ran down the stairs. He opened the door and Sky was outside the door.

"Hello I'm sky. Angelique's fiancee." Introduced Sky.

Angelique ran down the stairs and over to Sky. She hugged him and Barnabas stared at them.

"I'm going to leave you two alone." Murmured Barnabas as he walked away.

Angelique looked then sky turned her face to his, and kissed her. Angelique smiled and walked out of the room with Sky. They went into Julia's room. Blood was all over the walls and on the floor. Crystal was bent over the floor with blood all over her hands and clothes . She began coughing up blood.

"My baby!" Screamed Angelique.

She ran to her child in horror. Julia put a mask on the little girls face and put her on the doctor's bed. Angelique bent down on her knees and held her daughters hand. Crystal looked at her mother and closed her eyes. Angelique kissed her hand. Barnabas bent down next to Angelique.

"Is she mine?" Asked Barnabas.

Angelique looked into his eyes and he starred at her with the expression he gave her when she died.

"Yes! Yes she is." Whispered Angelique with tears forming in her eyes.

He put his hand on hers and looked into her green eyes. She looked away instantly. Sky walked into the room. He went over to his fiance and pulled her away from Crystal with a smile.

"It's time to go home Angelique." Whispered Sky.

Angelique took his arm off her and ran to her only child. Barnabas looked at Angelique, who had tears In her eyes for her daughter.

"I can't leave her. I'm sorry Sky." Replied Angelique.

Sky nodded with a growl and walked of the house while stomping his feet angrily. Barnabas looked at Sky then at Angelique. Julia looked at Angelique.

"She needs to stay here for the night,  but it could take weeks or months or even years. You might as well go home." Said Julia.

Angelique looked at the doctor with a frown and shook her head.

"You know damn right,  I ain't gonna leave my child here without me staying here. You get me if you like it or not." Growled Angelique.

Julia looked at Barnabas. Barnabas looked at Angelique and Elizabeth walked into the room with Carolyn.

"We may not like Angelique and she might not like us,  but you can't separate a mother from her sick child. It's impossible." Elizabeth said.

Josette looked over at them with her son standing below her.

"Elizabeth is right.  When Bramwell was sick I wouldn't leave his side. I don't think Angelique deserves to be punished by not staying with her only family. We all have family,  but she only has crystal." Replied Josette.

Everyone nodded in agreement and Angelique let out a sigh and hugged her child.