Chapter 4: healing

Angelique walked around the house with  Crystal. She sighed as her daughter ran over to Bramwell, who stood on the other side of the hallway.

"Want to play hide and seek?" Asked Bramwell.

Crystal nodded and grabbed her half brothers hand. He let out a smile and took her into the drawing room. Elizabeth sat in the chair, looking out the window. She stood up and walked over to the children.

"What are you guys doing?" Wondered Elizabeth.

Crystal looked up at her with a smile.

"We're going to play hide and seek. Can you look for us?" Replied Crystal.

She gave her cousin a puppy dog stare and her eyes grew big.

"Of course! It's not like I have anything to do." Elizabeth smiled.

Crystal and Bramwell ran out of the room and hid inside the closet in the laundry room. They heard footsteps and the doors opened. Willie stood on the outside.

"What are you kids doing!?" Growled Willie.

The children looked at him with frightened eyes. Then Elizabeth came around the corner and pulled Willie out and away from them.

"We were just playing hide and go seek." Retorted Crystal.

Crystal and Bramwell crawled out of the closet and ran to their room. Josette walked in behind them. Crystal looked at the woman and let out a smile.

"It's nap time for you Bramwell and for you Crystal, your mother wants you to get her." Whispered Josette with a smile.

Crystal nodded and made her way over to her and her mother's room. Angelique sat on the bed, waiting for her daughter. Crystal ran to her mother and sat down on her lap. Angelique grabbed a hair brush and grabbed her daughters brown hair. She began to brush through it.