Chapter 1 : 4th of July

Authors Note : Hi guys this is my first fanfiction so I don't know if it's good or not but thanks for reading it enjoy : )

---------------------------------------

Mia's POV
July 4, 1973

"Miaaaa, get down here!", my mother yelled from the kitchen down stairs. "Yes mother?" I asked while walking down the stairs my ked sneakers smaking the marble stairs."Help me with cutting the fruit for the 4th of July party, goodness I've never made so much fruit salad in my life" , I rolled my eyes playfully as I started to help her. My mother and father held a big 4th of July party for all their friends in the music industry many guest showed up like Stevie wonder, Diana Ross , Smokey Robison and many other dear friends of theres. But my favorite guest of theres was the Jacksons. They were so fun to be around always making jokes and playing pranks , but my favorite Jackson was Michael , Michael and I where best friends due to meeting one time before a performance we both had on the Ed Sullivan show we really hit it off then and we have been friends ever since, I haven't seen him in a long time due to both of our busy schedules so tonight was going to be a wonderful way to catch up on everything. "Mia , what are you gonna where for the party" my mother asked me eyeing my over sized Mickey Mouse club T-shirt tucked into my light blue bell bottom jeans. "I thought I could where this, you know how me and the Jacksons get we play around we play tag and hide and seek and-" my mother cut me off before I could finish to start her rant on how I had to act more proper at there get together "Mia we are having a lot of guest over I don't want you to bump into anyone plus you have to start acting your part, your a teen idol teens and kids  look up to you, you have to be more lady like your 15 years old" . My mother always worried about image and what people thought of her and the family "but mother" I whined "please for me" she said tilting her head sideways acting like a begging puppy  while tossing the last bits of melon into the bowl "fine mother I'll change into something more lady like". I went up to my room and took out a straight dress that had a groovy floral print on it with a white collar I added white pump boots to match like the gogos wore , I looked in the full body mirror and stared at myself for sometime thinking about the night ahead.
--------------------------------
Michaels POV

"Mother, where is my yellow button up" , I yelled from my bedroom the whole house was rushing around to get dressed. "In the wash Michael" my mother yelled back, "now what am I supposed to wear" I muttered to myself , I walked over to my dresser and went through every drawer NOTHING , absolutely nothing to wear I had to look good tonight ya I knew me and Mia are only friends but I still need to look nice. I searched through the drawers once more and settled on a plaid button up with black bell bottoms with a belt and a little bit bit of rings on each hand. "Boys , be ready in five !" My mother called from downstairs I walked downstairs and found many tin foil wrapped dishes for the party. "Mother did you cook for a whole army" I joked "oh hush Michael" she said playfully wrapping the last casserole. Slowly but surely all my brothers piled into the family van, Joseph was waiting in the van looking forward and serious as usual, "You boys better not make a fool of yourself or me , there will be many connections their don't be rude or -" "Joseph" my mother interrupted "Our boys know how to behave themselves". My brothers and I exchanged glances at my mother talking back to Joseph "just making sure" he stated and the whole ride there was silent. When we got to the get together (or cook out) the aroma of grilled meats filled the air, so did the smell of sweet fruit. We walked around to the back of the house and my father opened the gate to us , we instantly got greeted by Diana , Mr. and Mrs. Beverly (Mia's parents) , but someone I didn't see was Mia through all the chatter and hugs I made my way through the crowd, to Mia's houses back door and to her room (I knew Mia's house like the back of my hand) I walking up the steps I felt butterflies tickle my stomach what was making me so nervous ? I reached her room down the hall and knocked , "mother I told you I'll be out in mins I'm looking for camera!" I tried to mock her mothers voice best as I could "we'll make sure you don't ruin your image doing that" I said in a high pitch tone , the door unlocked and a beautiful image was in front of me her was wavy and curly her eyes big and bright just like her smile. "Michael !!!" She exclaimed hopping out of the doorway into my arms causing me to stumble back a little bit "hi mia ba Nima" the nickname I would call her ever since we met, "we have so much to talk about, Oh ! You know Donny Osmond" she exclaimed brightly making her eyes widen a little "yeah" I mumbled she knew me and him had a little rivalry. "He asked me what I was doing this Saturday" she said sighing dreamily putting a hand to her forehead to add more emphases on her sarcasm "what did you say" I said eagerly waiting to know her comeback "I said I'm spending it with my favorite person" , "what he say to that" "Me? He said , I can't believe his ego and I said to that no way , I'm spending it with Michael Jackson , and I hung up". "nice" I exclaimed "I know" she said smiling as if she won a Grammy "come on let's go outback before my mother yells at me" she said pulling me towards the staircase.