Chapter 3 : Outburst

Hey there ! Here's part three hope you enjoy it :) the picture doesn't really match the story but it's cute , also I know 2 updates one day forgive me.
-------------

Mia's POV
July 12 1973

It has been a week since the cookout , my mother has yet to forget my wrong doings causing her to ignore me talking to me as little as possible only when needed. I still can't get over how Michael kissed me (technically) now I know where only friends but I felt a different feeling when he kissed my cheek, like a bunch of butterflies were released in my stomach and I just felt like giggling till there was no tomorrow but I contained myself. After the fire works people started to leave and I went up to my room flopped on my bed while in a fit of giggles, unable to contain my excitement anymore.

Michaels POV

I can't believe I did that !!!!!!! I kissed Mia !!!! I mean I didn't really kiss her kiss her but I kissed her cheek so it counts. I couldn't stop thinking about her I sang all of my love songs better because of her everything I did was better because of her , that's why I love her.
***
I woke early this morning knowing my brothers and I had a performance and interview. I truly hated interviews, all the lights and everything is focused on you but I tried to look on the bright side it's for the fans to see what we think of things so that's why i do them.

"Yo Mike hurry up, Joseph's gonna get mad !" Jackie said at the bottoms of steps while my brothers all rushed passed him and out the door, again I was looking for something to wear.

I'll be right there" yelling back to him. I threw a button up on and bellbottoms and ran out , hopped into the van Joseph wasn't in the van yet.

"Hey their lover boy" Marlon said grinning

I tried to play dumb "watcha talkin bout Marlon" I said laughing shakily.

"I know you kissed Miaaaaa" he said mockingly "I did not !" I said trying to avoid the teasing.

"Oooo Mikes got a lover" Tito teased all the brothers nudged each other

"Cut it out guys, come on" I was getting more irritated by the second but then Joseph stepped in the van and we all went quiet.

"Alright boys you know what to do , oh and Marlon" Joseph said mono tone

"Yes Joseph ?" Marlon said looking down

"look at me boy , get your turns better do it like Mike learn a little something from him" Joseph said grinning

Marlon shifted uncomfortably in his chair and started to look out the window, once again the van ride was silent

Mia's POV

I just got done doing a photoshoot for a new clothing line I was promoting for teens. My mother also finally forgot about what happened and was starting to talk to me more she even offered to take me to a ice cream store after, She knew it was gonna be a little tough with the fans and all but we tried to be normal for one time.

"Come on Mia lets just try it out" she said giving me a smile I now knew everything was okay

As soon as me and my mother opened the door the ice cream shop someone was already in front of me asking for a autograph from and I also heard a camera flash somewhere

"Mia Beverly can I have your autograph" I could tell the teen girl was a tourist due to her strong southern accent

"Sure thing, who should I make this out to" I said taking the pen and magazine

"Donna" she said smiling

"Donna" I said repeating it while I wrote it "very nice to meet you" she nodded and went back to her booth I noticed my mothers stare "what?"

"Oh nothing just admiring my little girl" she said

Now I knew finally that we were okay we got our ice cream I signed a few more autographs and we were on our way home. I finally had some time to myself, I went up to my room turned the Television on and sat on my purple carpeted floor I was manually flipping through the channels until I saw Michaels face on the Television, I was intrigued on what they were interviewing him and his brothers on.

"So Michael all the other brothers answered the question how bout you do you have a girl ?"

"Well-"

"Yeah Mikes got a girl , you all know her its Mia Beverly"

"Marlon !" *giggles from the crowd*

"Well we've got enough from them for now we will return after these messages"

I sat there stunned was I Michaels girl ? i know he kissed me and all but what were we ? I love Michael very much but I don't know in that way , But then again I felt so different around him , but I also like us just being friends. I knew one thing for sure I was gonna get a call for a interview from a teen magazine any day now to respond on that. I got up and turned the television off and was determined to invite Michael over to talk to him myself to really know what was happening.

Michaels POV

"Marlon I can't believe you did that !" I said punching him on his arm backstage

"Come on Mike lighten up a little" Marlon said as if he did not just say my crush on NATIONAL TELEVISION

"No Marlon how would you like it if I said that about you ! Said that you liked Mia I heard what you were going to say to Mia that night that's why I popped in like I did" I was so infuriated on what he did I didn't realize I blew my own cover in that moment Marlon stopped uniting his tie he froze his shock quickly turning to anger

"You did what Mike !?!" He yelled by now all the brothers back stage were staring and listening in

"Mike that ain't cool" Jermaine chimed in

"Mike I'm compared to all the time! The one time I have something that wasn't yours first you go and take it away from me , But not this time Mia likes me and I like her she-she even told me! And k-kissed me !

"If you like her so much why did you make those comments all the time !"

"Because I wanted to keep our relationship on the low so you wouldn't worry that's why I teased you so you thought that I thought you liked her get it !?"

Tito, Jackie, and Jermaine all turned for me for my next comeback but I had no words , just emotion my world crumbled before me my stomach dropped and I felt weak in the knees how could she, how could he. I stormed out of the backstage and into the van I slammed the door shut.

Everyone filed in after,, silence once again. When we got home no words were exchanged not even glances I ran straight to me room locked the door and buried my head into my pillow and cried, I knew Mia and I weren't anything but I wanted to be something with her and to know her and Marlon already got there was heart wrenching. I looked over at my nightstand with a picture that Mia took on her camera of us. I put the picture down on the nightstand not being able to stand to see somthing I knew I could now never have.