Chapter 7

After packing, an hour flight, and picking up a rental car. Elijah and I were settled in our room at the Gastonian in Savannah. He had managed to get us the Caracalla Suite, a very popular honeymoon suite in the city. "You've earned major brownie points for this one Eli."

"Thank you. We both deserve a break and your my wife so you deserve nothing but the best." To break the awkwardness we spent the night playing twenty questions in bed. Although we'd known each other for years, we'd never actually spent a lot of time alone with one another. So it was weird for it to be Elijah and Alana instead of Elijah, Aiden and Alana hanging out.

"What's your middle name?"

"Anthony, what's yours?"

"Leigh. Favorite color?"

"Red, you?"

"Orange. Favorite food?"

"Hard to choose, anything my mom cooks has got to be my favorite. What about you?"

"French fries. Most embarrassing moment?"

"Freshman year of high school, I feel down the bleachers because I missed my step breaking my glasses. We had just finished an assembly so everyone in my grade saw me tumble down the stairs into the principle.  Which is why I always wear contacts. You?"

"Hmm, sophomore year I accidentally asked the most popular senior out on a date by putting a note in his locker. He said I was cute but had a girlfriend already."

"His loss."

"Not really we became friends and I'm the godmother to his children, it was Alanzo" I started laughing at the memory.

"At least I don't have to worry about you leaving me for him." The possibility of me being pregnant was pestering me in the back of my mind and I knew that I would eventually have to tell Elijah.

"Never, I do need to tell you something really important."

"You're not leaving me for the guy that the note was intended for are you?" he asked jokingly

"No, but you have to promise me that you won't freak out."

"It can't be that bad Alana."

"Depends on how you take it, and I won't be upset either way but still. It's pretty big news." By then I was pacing the room, something I always did when I was nervous.

"Just tell me already." He stepped in front of me to stop my pacing and lifted my chin so that I could look him in the eye.

I'm just going to say it. "I might be pregnant."

"Okay. Have you taken a test yet?"

"No, I'm to nervous to take one, I mean it could just be stress."

"Well you should still take one just to be sure. One question, at the wedding were you still drinking?"

"No, it was sparkling cider. Pregnant or not I'm laying off the alcohol for awhile."

"You stay here, I'll go to a pharmacy and get a couple tests for you to take."

"Okay." He left for the pharmacy leaving me with my thoughts. Was I ready to be a mom?

I'm only 26, have I done everything I wanted to do in life. What about Elijah, is he ready to be a dad? We just got married and barely know one another.

"I'm back, the lady said that this one would be the most accurate but I still got different brands just in case. I also got some water to help you, you know."

"Thanks." I grabbed the bag and the water and went into the bathroom to take the tests. Half a bottle of water and a good pee later, we were sitting in the room waiting for the results. That probably had to be the longest three minutes of my life, my heart stopped when the alarm went off on Elijah's phone.

"You want to look or me?" he asked, I pointed at him and watched him walk into the bathroom. He walked out with a smile on his face and stick in his hand.

"Is that a we're not having a baby smile or a we're going to be have a baby smile

"Is that a we're not having a baby smile or a we're going to be have a baby smile."

"It's a we're going to be parents smile."

"I'm pregnant. Why are you not stressing about this, we barely know each other and literally just got married. This is a lot to take in."

"Alana, breath. Yes this a lot happening in a short amount of time but everything happens for a reason. Right now we are going to focus on having a romantic getaway and when we get home set up an appointment with your doctor to make sure everything is going fine with the baby. That okay with you."

"I hate that your so calm about this."

"It's one of my many talents babe." He smiled and kissed me on my forehead before going in the bathroom and throwing away the used tests. The rest of the weekend was spent with the two of us getting to know one another and touring the beautiful city of Savannah. We both agreed that when we got back to Atlanta that we would have to look for a house for us to live in. Once we got back home we got into a routine of staying at my place during the week since it was the closest to our jobs and Elijah's during the weekend because it gave us a short getaway from the hectic city. The following weekend we went and spent time with my parents and explained everything that happened and our plan. At first they were hesitant to agree, but eventually did when they saw how happy I was. We decided to wait to tell them the news of me being pregnant, until I was a bit further along. 

Morning sickness and mood swings hit me like a ton of bricks after I found out I was pregnant, which made it hard for me to deal with. Mint tea really helped calm it down enough so that I could eat and survive the day to get some work done. Elijah called almost every hour to make sure that I was okay and see if I needed anything. One thing I have learned about my husband is that he is an extremely considerate person and a really good cook. About a month later we found a nice house that was close enough from both our jobs and also happened to be a few houses down from Aiden and Leana. We moved in and were expecting Elijah's parents to come visit for a week. We had met before and they were elated that their eldest son was married to a wonderful young lady. That killed all the nervousness I had about meeting them, and made me happy that our child would have loving grandparents to spoil him or her rotten.

"I'm going to go pick my parents up from the airport, do you need anything while I'm out?"

"Yes, more tea and you think you could get some french fries."

"French fries?" he asked with a smirk

"Is the only thing that I can keep down." I said with a shrug

"I see our child has picked up your fry habit, I'll be back in about an hour."

"Bye." The three words have not been said between Elijah and I. Granted we've been married for almost three months, but the words I love you haven't come up. Of course I'm attracted to him and feel a deep connection to him. I just wasn't sure if I really loved him. Part of it was that I was still healing from my break up with Marcus, and Elijah was understanding of that. But for how long?