Chapter 24: Fall apart

I went to school today. I didn't even want to but I need to report to my teacher. I walked in this deadly hallway. Everyone is staring at me. I hated this kind of scene.

"Long time no see Ms. Brooks. You've grown a lot, I see." My teacher said.

"Thanks ma'am Catherine. You looked more glooming than before." I told her. She blushed and held her hand showing a ring. I was surprised.

"Wha- He proposed?!"
"Yes, Eric finally proposed." She said.
"Wow! Congrats I'm so happy for you."

"So before anything else, are you going to continue studying here?" She asked me. 5sos aren't done with their tour so

"I think not. The tour isn't finish yet. I don't know if they're going to bring me in again." And I don't want to go back in school because of those bullies.

"Oh then I wish you all the best and goodluck." She told me before I left.

I now went to the meeting place which is the park but before that, I brought a frapuccino from Starbucks. I don't even want to come because I think that they might only want to go out with themselves but they are asking for me to come.

I just arrived in time. I saw those two people, Luke and Ashton.

"Hi Rae." Ashton greeted me with his cheerful smile and his dimples.

"Hiyaa!" I greeted back. Luke looked at me giving a different stare in the eyes. I can't quite understand.

"Hi Lukey the penguin." I said. He didn't replied instead I was startled when he kissed me. He was unusually like this. He used to compliment me first before kissing me.

"That's what you get for not buying me a frapuccino." He smirked. Ashton coughed which drew our attention.

"Calum can't come because its his cousins birthday and Michael said he have a family dinner." He told us while reading the messages on his phone.
"Which leaves us three."

"Great! Lets go to McDonald's and grab a lunch." I told them. Giving me weird looks.

"What?"
"I suggest we go to starbucks too." Luke said.
"No, call me weird but I want McDonald's because there's a cool kiddie playground." Ashton bursted out of laughter at me while Luke stood clueless.

"That was such a very cool idea Rae!!" I high five him.
"Let's get going then."

So we made our way to the said fast food chain with Ashton driving.

I stood in the line ordering foods while Ashton and Luke had gone somewhere.

After I got my order, I went to the vacant seat. At the same time Luke and Ashton came into the view laughing.

"Oh no no mate. That was fun!" Ashton cheekily said.

"Ah did I missed something?" I asked.
"Nothing. We just made a keek at the mc's playground." Luke said.
"What? you already went there? aw youre no fun." I pouted. Luke just smiled and puts an arm around me.
"Sorry babe."

Then I ate my food heartily much to my content.

"So how was school?" He asked me.
"As usual, threatening stares at me."

"Glad you won't be back there for a while because you're coming with us in American tour." Luke stated. I feel bad for them because I don't know if the management even wants me here or one direction even wants me there, but they told me that they sorted things out and Adam had let me so I can guide them especially on household chores while the British lads want my company.

A phone was suddenly heard ringing. It was Luke's phone. He read the text, I saw his face went into a confusion. I can't even understand.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him. He stood up.

"Rae, I need to go somewhere." Luke left in a hurry. Maybe it was something important but I could ask later.

I sat in silence with Ashton.
"Hey." He says.
"Yeah?"
"No wonder why the sky is grey today."
"Huh?" I don't get it.
"Because all the blue is in your eyes." He smiles. I laughed at him. So it was a pick up line.
"But my eye colour is hazel." I said.
"Then lets just say that it could light my world. Sounds cool yeah?"
"You're the most corniest person I've known." He just smiled. That cupcake smile.

"It's been a while since I've seen that smile." I said. Honestly, I don't know what happened but that smile disappeared back then we were in London.

His eyes widen. He smiled even more. That sincere smile i've miss seeing.

"You noticed?"
"Yeah. Did something happened?"I asked him. At the same time, his smile dropped off and turned into a frown.he remained silent.

"I-i'm sorry if I had crossed a line." I apologized. A minute later finally he speaks.

"No. You haven't. I just have this fuck up emotions lately. Nothing to worry about." There's really something wrong. I don't know but if he doesn't want to speak about it then I won't force him.

"I think I should continue smiling more often."

"Indeed. Promise me that."

"No, I can't because there's no guarantee and promises are meant to be broken"

"Aw, but you really should show that sincere smile more okay?"

"Sure thing, just for you." He said.

Silence occupied us again. It's been a while since Luke left. I wonder if he is alright. Where is he?"

"Ugh, Ashton. I think Luke has been taking a lot of time. I'm worried."

"No, he will be alright. Lets wait a little longer." I'm trying not to be anxious. I waited for more minutes but Luke still haven't come back.

"I think I should look for him now." I stood up not listening to what Ashton had said.

I pushed the huge doors to exit. I walked in a direction and turned my head to look everywhere. Not long enough, I was happy that I finally saw him. But..

Why is he with Allie? I immediately feel the pain at that very moment.

I tried to step closer silently not wanting to be heard. I eavesdrop to what they were talking about and stand behind a wall to hide.

"I never left. I just thought that I was a hindrance to your success." I heard Allie said.

"No! Since when you became a hindrance? Never even one bit." Luke blurted out.

"What if I told you that I still love you? You will never come back. Never ever!"

"What if I do come back?" He questioned her. That question made me lose it. Silent tears fall out of my eyes.

"You will?"

"Allie. You were my world even since then. I lost my light when I lost you. I.. I lov-" I've had enough of this. Fuck it!

My body acted out for me as I am numb after what I'm heard. I feel my feet step backwards shaking.

I was crying real hard. I hadn't seen this coming.

I stumbled on an object which made them acknowledge my present.

"R-Rae ?" Luke uttered.

I ran away from them going anywhere. I don't fucking care.
--

Finally I found Luke and Rae. Wait, why is Allie there?

Then Rae suddenly ran. Wtf. Why is she crying? I clenched my fist because of anger. I don't get it. I looked at Luke. I thought he will follow Rae but instead he just stands there and stares at the ground.

"Luke. You motherfucker!" I shouted angrily.

I ran and tried to find Rae.

"Rae! Rae!" I called out. I am running here in circles trying to find her. I went to her favorite places. Damn. Where is she?

It was almost sunset but I still haven't given up finding. I passed on a local park. The view was great as you see the open field and that great sunset but I have no time admiring that.

I heard a few sobs meters away from me. I followed the sound, it was her.

She has been crying the whole time and Luke didn't even went to her.

I reached out for her. I patted her shoulder.

"Luke?" She looks at me full of hope. That hope died down though. I'm jelly at how Rae still thinks of Luke after he had hurt her.

"Sorry i'm not Luke." I said as I sat beside her. I just went silent as she cries. I rubbed her back in circular motion.

"Ashton, why Ashton?! Why can't it be me? I thought he loves me? Why can't I be his world? Like I can give up everything just for him but I ended up being badly hurt! I- I... I" she lashed out.

I feel really bad. She won't be hurt like this if she have only fall for me. I'm having selfish thoughts but that's the truth. I should have made my move fast enough so she fall for me.

"He told me that he was over with Allie but from what I've heard today, I don't know anymore. I became a toy. It hurts knowing that he's the first person you've ever trusted with all your heart but!! Arg! Fuck it! I'm not good enough. I will always be that sore loser." She cried so much again.

I hugged her for comfort. She was crying a river.

"Shush shush. You're not a loser. You are good enough. It's just that Luke not realizing your worth. I don't know what you've heard but let him explain okay? No matter what happens I'm always here for you. So cheer up now! I hate seeing you cry. I don't like seeing a sunshine losing its light." I told her. I wiped the tears in her eyes. It's been a while since she's been crying until she stopped.

"I'm sorry I wet your shirt." She apologized.
"It's okay at least you feel better now."

"Thank you Ashton. For everything today." She said sincerely.

"Nah it's nothing." I said.
"I think you should go home now. It's getting late." I added. She nodded and we stand up.
We went to my car to drive her home. I can't believe Luke didn't even show up.

I turned the radio and played some music. I drove her home as she sat near me.
--

"We're here." I said as I unbuckled my seatbelt. I looked at Rae. She was asleep. She looks so vulnerable right now. I wish that I can take away her pain.

I carried her and entered her house. I climbed up the stairs entering her bedroom and placing her on the bed.

"Sleep well Rae." I kissed her on her forehead. I took one glance before leaving.