Threats and Sleuthing

Chapter IX: Threats and Sleuthing

Disclaimer: read chapter one

Elizabeth lift her sword up, blocking Jack's attack, but her back foot stumbled. She was about to fall, but luckily, Jack grabbed her free arm and pulled her back on her feet, before she fell on the floor.

"Lovely block, but yer footwork is atrocious," Jack critique Elizabeth, who frowned and attempted to stab him with her sword, but Jack blocked her attack. He smirked at her with amusement, "You got spirit. I'll give ye that. But spirit isn't enough. Savvy?"

"Show me how to step correctly then," Elizabeth commanded. When Jack didn't say anything and stared at her at first, she sighed heavily, "Please?"

Jack smiled his golden-tooth grin, "Not a hard word to say, love."

"It is when I'm facing a pirate."

"Well, this pirate is teaching ye to fight, is he not?" Jack asked rhetorically. He stepped behind Elizabeth, and pointed his sword at her feet. "Place your feet apart."

Elizabeth obeyed and widen her stance shoulder-length, "Are my feet far enough apart?"

Jack tapped each leg with his sword, before smiling, "They're perfect." Jack stepped beside her, and placed his front foot next to her. "Now you always point your feet the direction where your knees," Jack tapped Elizabeth's front knee with his sword, "are pointing."

"I see," Elizabeth said.

"Without it, you'll lose your balance," Jack explained, "And you falling a few moments ago, just made me point." Elizabeth narrowed her eyes at him, dangerously. Jack cleared his throat, "Continuing. Step your front foot, then your back."

Elizabeth stepped forward with her front foot first, then she did the same with her back foot.

"Good. Now step back."

Elizabeth did the same backwards.

"Step forward then back again."

Elizabeth repeated a couple more times, until she was too tired to move. Without Elizabeth noticing, Jack stepped in front of her and surprised attack her with his sword.

She gasped as ducked down, avoiding Jack's sword. Jack took another swing, aiming for Elizabeth's head, but Elizabeth clashed her sword against his and stepped back without losing her balance.

Jack smirked in satisfaction, "Very good, love. Keep practicing, and you'll be a pro like me- well not as good as me, but at the same level as your sister."

Elizabeth would usually correct Jack for calling her love instead of Miss Swann, but let it slide, because she was happy she accomplished her first lesson in sword fighting. "Thank you, Jack..." Elizabeth thanked him quietly, "for teaching me."

"You're welcome, love."

"Miss Swann," Elizabeth corrected him.

Jack rolled his eyes, "Whatever." He sheathed his sword, then extended his arm, reaching out for the sword Elizabeth was holding. "Miss Swann, the sword if you please?"

Elizabeth stared at her sword, then at Jack, who was still reaching for the sword, "I would like to keep it, Jack."

He shook his head, "Sorry, Miss Swann, but you're not ready to handle a sword on your own yet."

"But I want one," Elizabeth demanded in her spoiled tone.

"We both know you do, love. However-" Jack stopped talking, when he felt Elizabeth's sword against the side of his neck.