Unlucky XIII

Chapter Unlucky XIII

Disclaimer: read chapter I

After the agreement Melanie and Barbossa made, Barbossa made an announcement to the crew about the fact that Melanie was his lost daughter, and she would become a new member of the Black Pearl. The whole crew, especially Jack the monkey, were surprised to have a woman joining their team. They never expected a governor's daughter to pillage; but technically, Melanie was adopted and not blood-related to Governor Swann.

The one good thing about Melanie being here was that she's a woman, and they never had a woman company in forever. But the downside was that she's the captain's daughter, if Barbossa caught a crew member giving her a lustful look or touch her inappropriately, that person would be forced to walk the plank. Barbossa would've put a bullet through that person's skull, but the whole ship and crew were cursed and can't die, so killing a man was out of the question.

Before Melanie could even become a pirate, she had to do some training. Basically, she had to learn how to control a ship, memorize the pirate's code, and learn how to use a gun. She knew how to fight with a sword, but she was shaken when she held a gun. She didn't shoot Jack Sparrow, when she had the chance, and not planning to make the same mistake again.

"So Captain," Melanie was careful, making sure she called her dad captain. He instructed her to call him that instead of Dad or Barbossa. He explained it would a lot more professional, and since Melanie was part of his crew, he didn't want to show favoritism. Instead of calling her Melanie, he'll start calling her by her last name, Parker, or her nickname, Mel. "Where do I start?" Melanie asked, "Do I clean the deck? Pull the ropes?"

Barbossa laughed, "Parker, you are a woman in this ship."

"So?" Melanie asked, not sure why it would matter.

"So you are my daughter, and I won't allow ye to do such a thing."

"But you said that you're not going to show favoritism."

"Aye, but I'm not going to let you scrub the deck. It won't be right."

"Okay, what do you want me to do then?"

"You'll be trained for a promotion. Bo'sun!" Barbossa called for him while his hands were on the helm, steering the ship. Bo'sun walked half-way up the stairs.

"Aye, sir?" Bo'sun asked.

Barbossa patted Melanie's shoulder, while facing Bo'sun with a smile, "Since Parker is going to be part of this family, she needs to learn the basics to be my right hand man."

Bo'sun widen his eyes, taken back by Barbossa's comment, "Y-You're replacing me with her, Sir?" Melanie knew that he was getting pretty angry. There wasn't a doubt that he'd hate her. "I-I've been by your side for a long time! She just started!"

"Shut yer trap!" Barbossa snapped angrily at him, "I never said that I'll replace ye. I only said that Parker needs to learn to be the first mate. That's where you come in."

"I don't understand, Captain," Bo'sun said with scrunched brows and narrowed eyes.

Barbossa rolled his eyes, before he replied, "From now on, you will be showing Parker everything, she needed to know. She will be... second first mate."

Bo'sun frowned at that idea. He wanted to be Barbossa's only right hand man, he's not going to share that job with anybody, especially with a little girl.

"Are we clear?" Barbossa asked.

Bo'sun glared at Melanie with narrowed eyes. Melanie couldn't help, but feel nervous by his gaze. He's the kind of guy that could snap your neck with no trouble.