Letting the Cat Out of the Bag

Chapter XIV: Letting the Cat Out of the Bag

Disclaimer: read chapter I

Melanie and Will were staring at each other in silence. Will was smiling with tears watering his eyes, he's thankful that Melanie was alive. Melanie was opposite. She was glad to see him, but was confused and bewildered at the same time.

"Will?" Melanie said questionably, making sure that Will wasn't a figment of her imagination.

"Mel," Will walked closer to her with opened arms, giving her the biggest hug, he could imagine, "I knew you weren't dead."

"Will," Melanie pushed away from Will's embrace and stared at him with wide eyes, "W-What are you doing here? H-How did you get here?!"

"I'm here to take you home," Will explained in a whisper, placing his hands on Melanie's shoulder and leveling his head with hers, "There's a ship outside, waiting for us. We must go now."

"Wait! Go?" Melanie was still confused, "How did you know I was here?"

"There's a lot to explain, but I will say this... Elizabeth and I risked everything to come find you."

Melanie widen her eyes and her jaw dropped in disbelief, "Elizabeth?"

Will nodded, "She's there in the ship, right now."

Melanie didn't say a word, she just kept staring at Will, while mentally putting the pieces together. She's still had a hard time processing, what just occurred.

~000~

"Gents, lets move out!" Barbossa commanded. All of Barbossa's men were mumbling to each other, while obeying Barbossa's order. As they were heading back to the longboats, a certain pirate regained consciousness.

Jack stood up, holding onto the oar that Will used to hit his head. He stepped out of his hiding spot in the dark, only to be noticed by Ragetti.

Ragetti eyes lit up and pointed at Jack in disbelief, "You!"

Once Ragetti noticed, the rest of the crew noticed Jack standing there alive as well.

"You're supposed to be dead!" Pintel cried.

"Am I not?" Jack asked as he looked down at himself, "Oh." He turned around and saw more crew members pointing their pistols at him. "Palulay?" Jack said trying to say something, "Palu-li-la-la-lulu... Parlili? Parsnip? Pasley?"

"Parlay?" Ragetti asked.

"Parlay!" Jack pointed at Ragetti, "That's the one. Parlay! Parlay!"

Pintel gave his buddy a dark glare, "Parlay..." He turned to Jack, "Down to the depths whatever man that thought up 'Parlay'?!"

"That would be the French."

Barbossa pushed his way through his crew, questioned why they stopped moving. He got his answer when he saw an intruder standing before him. The same intruder, he didn't expect to see. "You!" Barbossa pointed at him in shock and anger.

"Me?" Jack pointed at himself, acting innocent.

"What are you doing here?!" Barbossa demanded, stepping closer to Jack.

"What are you doing here?" Jack repeated after him, using Barbossa's tone of voice.

"No, what are you doing here?!"

"What are you doing here?!"

"NO! What are you doing here?!" Before Jack could repeat after him, Barbossa raised his hand up to silence him, "We were first!"