III. TWO AWKWARDLY DANCING TEENS

▹

     "Why exactly did you call me? And why were you basically screaming through the phone?" Maya questioned the boy sitting in front of her. She paused and looked at the floor. "And why are there a whole bunch of papers on the floor?" 

     Stiles spun around in his chair by his desk and looked up at Maya. "Okay, I'm going to sound crazy-"

     "You always sound crazy."

     "-but I think Scott's a werewolf."

     Maya rose her eyebrows and slowly walked further into the boy's bedroom. "Okay, I hate to tell you this, but I think you're going crazy."

     "No! Maya, you weren't there! You weren't at the lacrosse practice, which is really weird because you're always there, but nevermind. Scott was playing really, really well. He did this flip thingy that I've never seen him do before. He's different, and I know you don't just suddenly get good at lacrosse over night," Stiles rambled out. Maya looked at him and sighed. 

     "You actually believe that he's a werewolf?"

     Stiles rapidly nodded his head. "Yes!"

     Maya sat down at the edge of Stiles' bed and thought it over. Scott had been bitten in the woods, by what he thinks was a wolf. He then, the next day, suddenly is able to play lacrosse extremely well. Scott had also mentioned he could hear and smells things he normally wouldn't be able to. But there's was one thing that made Maya refuse to completely believe it - werewolves weren't real. 

     "Okay let's say he is a werewolf, what are we supposed to do about it?" Maya questioned, looking at the boy in front of her for an answer. 

     Stiles stopped and seemed to think about it. After a few moments of silence, he shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not too sure, but I called him over to tell him."

     "I'll tell you now, he's not going to take the news very well," Maya stated. Stiles sighed and shook his head, clearly not wanting to hear the very unfortunate truth. 

     "Would you stop being so negative, you're killing the good vibes flowing through my room," Stiles told the girl with excessive hand gestures, to which she rolled her eyes at. 

     A knock at the door was heard, and Stiles' head snapped up. He cautiously looked around and slowly closed his laptop. Maya assumed he thought it was his dad at the door. She didn't really understand why he wouldn't pick the papers up first, seeing as though his dad would most likely question about those first.