IV. I'VE GOT 99 WEREWOLF PROBLEMS

▹

    Saying Maya was bored was an understatement. Though, how can someone be bored when their best friend is a werewolf? It was like her mind decided to completely push aside all the interesting things going on and settled on absolutely nothing. 

     She stood outside the boy's locker room, picking at her chipped finger nail. She always waited for Scott and Stiles outside of the locker room to walk with them to the field for their lacrosse practices. But today they were taking super long to get ready, which is why Maya is left to only fiddle with her fingers while waiting. 

     Just as Maya was about to go into the change room to ask the two what was taking so long, Stiles burst through the door and almost knocked her over. With wide eyes, Maya frantically tried to get him to calm down. Though she wasn't surprised that he was this antsy, because he usually was. 

     "What the hell happened?" Maya asked the boy in front of her, who was trying to get his breath back from the struggle of falling through the door. 

     Stiles quickly caught his breath again once he heard her voice and looked up at her. "I'm surprised your still here waiting, we've been in there for, like, 20 minutes."

     Maya smirked jokingly and flipper her hair. "I know, I'm that good of a friend. Now, why do you look like you just witnessed a murder?" 

     "Oh, right. Well, I forgot to tell you the night of the party, Scott was hunted by werewolf hunters. And Scott kind of just found out yesterday Allison's father was one of them," Stiles told Maya. 

     "What?" Maya deadpanned, not really believing what he was saying. 

     "But, on the bright side of things, Allison gave Scott a second chance!" Stiles said happily. His smile quickly faded when he saw the shocked look on Maya's face. "Yeah, I reacted the same way when he told me."

     "So Allison's father is trying to kill Scott?" Maya clarified. 

     Stiles nodded. "He shot him with a crossbow. But," He continued, dragging out the word 'but'. "I don't think he knows Scott's the werewolf he was hunting."

     "Can this whole werewolf thing get any worse?" Maya asked rhetorically. 

     Stiles held up a warning finger. "Hey, don't jinx it."

     "Let's go! Jackson, Take a long stick today!" Coach Finstock yelled out. Maya and Stiles had made it to the field with Scott soon trailing after them. Stiles ran up to the line of players on the field who were about to start the practice as Maya took a seat on the bench. 

     "Gallagher! Would you get off my bench?" 

     "But Coach I'm already sitting here, with my backpack off. Do you really want to put me through the agony of getting up and moving?" After Maya's protest, he waved his hand carelessly with a sigh and he turned back to his team.