Part 14

"Is that so?" Balraj asks him furiously. "Then take her and leave. We don't want her here."
Without taking his eyes off Balraj, RK tells Madhu calmly, "Madhu, if you want to take anything with you then get it."

RK turns to look at Madhu and sees Madhu's face break out into a big smile. Madhu silently says a thank you prayer. She turns to run inside when Dadi stops her. "Madhu..."

Madhu looks at her worriedly. "I'll go with RK, Dadi."

Dadi turns to look at RK and sees that he had turned around to look at her, "Will you marry her today?"

"No... Madhu deserves a proper wedding and I am going to give her that but I need time for that."

"Then Madhu will stay here till then." Dadi decides.

Madhu turns to Dadi in panic, "No, Dadi... I want to go with RK."

"Madhu... how can I let you go with him before marriage?" Dadi asks her in shock.

"We will get married, Dadi." Madhu tells her.

"Today?"

Madhu turns to RK hopefully, "Rishu..."

RK walks towards Madhu and gently cups her face, "Madhu... I want to give you everything. Please understand."

"You are everything to me, Rishu. Please marry me." Madhu pleads him.

"Madhu..." RK starts helplessly.

"Dadi... tell him to marry me today." Madhu pleads her as tears filled her eyes. Her heaven was at the tip of her hand and she couldn't lose it now.

"Madhu, you stay here with me. No one will do anything to you. When RK is ready to marry you, you can go with him." Dadi tells her in a patronizing tone.

"No, Dadi. I want to go with RK!" Madhu says stubbornly.

"See your laadli pothi!" Sheela says in disgust. "The first chance she gets she is ready to abandon you."

Madhu looks at her in shock and turns to Dadi, "No, Dadi... it is not that. I..."

"I know, Madhu. But how can I let you go with him like that?" Dadi asks her.

"Then ask him to marry me. Tell him that I don't need a big wedding." Madhu tells her.

"Madhu... listen to me." RK gently tells her. "Why do you have to sacrifice your happiness like that? For them? Don't you understand they don't deserve all that. You don't owe them anything. You don't have to sacrifice your happiness and dreams for them."

"YOU ARE MY DREAM AND HAPPINESS, RISHU!" Madhu shouts at her wits end.

RK looks at her in shock wondering whether he was wrong in postponing their wedding.

"RK..." Dadi gently calls him. "It doesn't matter whether you have a grand wedding or a small one. What matters is that you are together and you are married. There is nothing in having a grand wedding. A wedding is a wedding whether it is big or small."

"But Madhu has always dreamt of her wedding since she was a small girl." RK tells her helplessly.

"That dream is nothing compared to a life with you." Madhu tells him.

"We will have a life together, Madhu."

"But I don't want to wait for it."

RK looks at Madhu helplessly and then asks Dadi, "You won't let her come with me if I won't marry her today?"