Part 10

After reliving her moments with RK for the third time only did Madhu realize that in spite of declaring her love for him multiple times, not even once did he say that he loved her. She was a little hurt thinking about it, didn't he love her? She knew he liked her and cared for her but didn't he love her? She knew he cared for her a great deal, infact no one has cared for her the way he does, not even Dadi. He had come to see her when she was upset. He had promised her that he would help her complete her studies. He was building a home for them. And he couldn't keep his hands off her, Madhu thought blushing but didn't he love her? Thinking about it, she realized that their relation was not like the normal arranged marriages, the reason they had come together was for Mukund and Dipali, and it was a blessing that they liked each other. She decided it didn't matter to her if he didn't love her, he liked her, he liked her more than anyone liked her and she was happy with that. Love, she will love him and he can like her. She wouldn't ask more of him, because he already gave her more than she had ever dreamed of. 

Madhu's phone rings and she picks it up happily, "RK..." "Madhu..." RK says in the exact same tone she used making her chuckle. "I was just thinking about you, and that time you called." Madhu tells him smiling. "Ah! What were you thinking?" "You know... like that." Madhu says brushing it aside. "Is it about us kissing?" RK asks cheekily. "Chup! Now a days you have become so besharam, always talking adults only." Madhu says in fake anger. Suddenly RK starts singing "ABCD padhli bohot... Thandi aahein bhar li bohot... Acchi baatein kar li bohot... Ab karunga tere saath... Gandi baat... Gandi-gandi gandi gandi gandi baat... Gandi baat... Gandi-gandi gandi gandi gandi baat" Madhu gasps in shock at the same time blushes. "Stop it!!!" "Why are you acting, Madhu? I know you like it when I Gandi baat... Gandi-gandi gandi gandi gandi baat" "CHUP!" Madhu says blushing even more. "Okay fine." RK says sighing, "What are you wearing today?" "Parda!" Madhu replies at her wits end. "Nice, something new to get you out of." RK says impressed. Madhu gasps loudly wondering how he could make even Parda naughty. "RK, stop it." Madhu says. "Okay Madhu! let's talk something else." RK says sighing. "Okay. What do you want to talk about?" Madhu asks. "Hmmm Madhu, what is your opinion on phone sex?" RK asks very thoughtfully. "WHAT?" Madhu shouts out in shock. "You know phone sex. Don't tell me you haven't heard of it. For example I'll say..." RK says. "NO!" Madhu shouts and hangs up the phone. A second later it starts ringing and Madhu cuts the call as her heart started slamming against her chest. He calls again and she cuts the call again. Then she gets a message from him.  

I was just kidding, Madhu. Pick up the phone, I'll behave. Then her phone rings and she picks up the phone hesitantly. "So, absolutely no phone sex?" he asks and she quickly hangs up again. 

Next day, RK was getting irritated as he went through the rings. "Didn't get it?" Bittuji asks him as he stood next to him looking at the rings. "No! They are not good enough for Madhu." RK says irritated as he returned the ring. "Is there any other good jeweler?" RK asks him. "This is the fourth shop already." Bittuji reminds him. "I can't just give her a mediocre ring." RK says irritated. "There are more shops, but would you like giving one of your mother's rings?" Bittuji asks him. "I don't have any of mom's rings with me. I don't even have any of her jewellery." RK says as they walked out. "Do you have?" RK asks suspiciously turning to look at Bittuji. "I don't know if there is a ring among them." Bittuji replies hesitantly. "Among them?" RK asks. "In the bank locker." Bittuji tells him. "Bank locker?" RK asks shocked. "Didn't you tell Chachi that you didn't know in which bank Mom kept her gold?" RK asks shocked. "I lied." Bittuji says shrugging. "Why?" RK asks as they got in the car. "Because she would ask you to give it to her and you would have just handed it over to her without any hesitation." "She is my chachi." RK says shrugging. "Now, I am telling you about the locker because that gold is no longer yours to hand it over to any tom, dick or harry." "Not mine?" RK asks confused, wasn't his mother's gold his? "It now belongs to bhabhiji, not you." Bittuji tells him. RK remains silent for a while and then says, "You are right. Mom would want Madhu to have it." "So please whatever anyone says, don't give it to them." "It's Madhu's now." RK tells him shrugging. "Which bank is this? Can you make arrangements for me to open it?" RK asks him. "I just have to get the keys and we can have a look now itself." Bittuji tells him. "I can open it?" RK asks shocked. "The day you turned 18, I took care of all the paper works." Bittuji says. "Why am I even shocked?" RK asks shocked.