Part 5

"So... what did you do today?" RK asks as he lazily lay on the bed. "Nothing much. Cooked. Talked to dadi." Madhu says with a shrug. "What about you?" "Same old. Office." RK replies. "But today is Sunday, right?" "Yeah... I work on Sundays too." RK replies. "Are you a workaholic?" "Hmmm you could say so." RK says smiling. "Hmmm". "I will try to cut down on the work." Madhu chuckles hearing that, "That is fine. Work is important." "Yes, but now I will have to manage work and family." RK says with a shrug. Madhu happily smiles hearing that. "Tell me about yourself, Madhu." "What about me?" "Hmmm like what you studied, what you like etc etc." RK tells her. Madhu starts wondering how she was going to tell him. "Madhu, you there?" "Yes." "What happened?" "Woh... woh..." "What happened, Madhu?" RK asks wondering her hesitation. "Is there something you want to tell me?" he asks to encourage her. "Yes." "Okay. Tell me." "It's that. I have never been to college." Madhu says ashamed of herself. RK remained silent as he took in what she had told him. He had never imagined his wife would be uneducated. "RK?" Madhu hesistantly says her name. "I am here." "I should have told you today when we met itself, but it slipped my mind. I wanted to tell you." Madhu says. "Why didn't you go to college? You cleared your school?" "Yes... yes I did." Madhu quickly replies. "Then?" "I was an average student, as I didn't get much time to study. My 12th boards marks was just average and Papa was facing some financial crisis that time, so he told me he couldn't send me to college, and I was not going to get merit admission." Madhu tells him. "What about Dipali?" RK asks knowing full well that Dipali would have never been denied education. "She completed her under graduation, but didn't want to pursue post-graduation as she wanted to concentrate on her modeling career." Madhu tells him. RK tries to control his anger at the injustice done to Madhu, Dipali was younger to Madhu but she was allowed to go to college inspite of the "financial crisis." Then he thanked his father for setting the trust fund in his name, from which he had pursued his degrees and Bittuji for safely managing and protecting it. "Didn't you want to study, Madhu?" "I did. But circumstance was not that good at home then." Madhu explains, she remembered how she had cried when she realized that Dipali can attend college and she couldn't and there actually was no financial crisis. RK fumes as he thought of Madhu, there was nothing more sinful than refusing education, especially for someone who wished for it. "Do you still want to study?" RK asks her. "Yes but..." "Then you will. You will study in the best college here." RK vows.  

They talked during the nights as both of them were busy during the day time, though RK messages her unexpectedly during the day and she used to reply to him. It's been 4 days since their marriage was fixed and they were slowly getting to know each other. On Thursday Madhu was sitting with dadi and applying balm on her arthritis leg while dadi talked to Balraj and Sheela. Dipali walks in breaking their conversation. "Dipali, get me an appointment at the parlor tomorrow." Sheela tells her daughter. "Okay. What time and for what?" "5 o'clock for pedicure and manicure. Do you want to come with me?" "No. tomorrow Mukund and I am going for a movie." Dipali tells her. "Oh date?" Dadi teases her. Dipali rolls her eyes. "Why don't you take Madhu and RK also?" Dadi suddenly asks excitedly. "What? With me? Please." Dipali says scandalized while Madhu looks at her Dadi in shock. "What is wrong in that? They are also coming with you." Dadi says finalized. "RK will have office." Madhu says even though she desperately wanted to meet him, she knew Dipali would blame her for this. "That is right." Dipali also agrees. "He is busy. We shouldn't disturb him." "Nonsense. Call him and give the phone to me." Dadi orders Madhu. Madhu hesitantly dials RK's number while she watched Dipali who was glaring at her, and Papa & Mama who seemed least interested in the happenings. "Yes Madhu." RK picks up the phone smiling lovingly. "RK, dadi wants to talk to you." Madhu says as she passed the phone to dadi. "Hello RK beta." Dadi says as Madhu & Dipali listened to the one side conversation. "I am fine, and you?...... good good... tomorrow can you come early from office to go for a movie?....... not me silly boy, to take Madhu." Dadi says shaking her head. "It's not that I don't want to go for the movie with you."Dadi says blushing while Madhu & Dipali watched in shock. "You can take me another time, now you take Madhu for date-shate.... I will go on a date with you later.... Promise...... Okay she will be ready..... which movie? I don't know, Dipali and Mukund are going for some movie, you two go with them.... Okay will tell her.... bye beta." Dadi says then as she cuts the call, she blushes outrageously saying "Badmash!" she hands the phone to Madhu, "He said he will call you to tell you what time to be ready." Dadi tells her while Madhu gaped at her seeing her blush while Dipali stormed off. "What did he say, Dadi?" Madhu asks. "Badmash! Wants to take me on a movie date." Dadi says blushing, "what will I do going for a movie with him?" Madhu hugs her Dadi happily and gives her a sound kiss.