Chapter 3

A/N: Hey guys!

Okay, I have a little challenge for you guys >:D

It's still 2 votes until next chapter....BUT if you get 3 votes in one week, I'll post a picture of Hunter where I get to choose which version. 4 votes in one week means you'll get two options of picture - black hair or blond. He has black right now, just so you know, but that'll change. So you could have a sneak peek of what the future holds, or finally get to meet the Hunter you all know and love ;)

I rambled a bit so here are the rules one last time:

2 votes (no time limit) = next chapter!

3 votes (in 1 week) = Pic of Hunter (my choice)

4 votes (in 1 week) = Pic of Hunter (reader's choice - black/current or blond/future)

Question of the Chapter is at the bottom so let me know what's going on in those creative minds of yours :)

2 votes until next chapter!

Vote! Comment! Fan! Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

***Hunter's POV***  

I shoved my books into my locker and slammed it shut. School was a drag as usual, but it was finally over and I could go home and relax. I closed my bag and slung it over my shoulder just as Allison skipped happily to my side.

"Are you busy today?" she asked and I smiled and shook my head.  

"Nope," I replied, popping the "p". "Are you trying to ask me something?"  

"You know me all too well, Storm," she grinned. "Do you wanna hang out? We could go to our hang out spot."   

"You know just what to say." I winked and she giggled.  

"Yep, I'm a real charmer. So are you in?"  

I beamed and wrapped my arm over her shoulder. "Always."

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 "So what have I missed? I haven't seen you all summer!" Allison gushed, throwing her arms wildly into the air. I laughed and sipped on my frozen lemonade.  

"Absolutely nothing," I told her.  

"Come on. Nothing?"

I shook my head. "Not really. A few families were thinking of adopting me, but they left as soon as they found out I wasn't going anywhere without Gryffin." Allison smiled sympathetically and wrapped her hands around her iced passion tea.  

"I know where you're coming from, Hunter, I really do. But in all honesty, I think you deserve better than living in a foster home your whole life because your brother has issues." I glared down at my cup and clenched my hands together until my knuckles went white. I didn't talk to Allison about Gryffin for that reason; Even though I knew she didn't mean it that way and I loved her to death, she had a tendency to downplay what Gryffin and I went through. I may be starting to move on with my life, but I would never be like I was before, and obviously Allison had a hard time accepting that. 

"I'm not abandoning him," I growled, not meeting Allison's gaze. "I'm all he has left."   

"Okay," she allowed. "I get it." I looked up and she was smiling sadly at me. I took a deep, calming breath and smiled back.