Memories

I took my time as I showered. I always do; my mind is open and clear as the hot steamy water hits the surface of my skin. I sit huddle up against the showers walls with my knees close to my chest and my tail wrapped around my feet.

I thought of the day I lost my old master. So kind and gentle. So caring and loved by all. At least that's how I knew him. I remember the day he bought me. From a mean store owner who sale Neko's like myself. Closing my eyes I let myself be drawn back to the memory of when I was only a little girl.

***

The hard metal flooring of the cage I was born in was cold. My mother was in the cage next to me. Her humming soothed my ears as I sleep soundly. Her hand brushed my hair softly. She was so beautiful; I wanted her beauty as a little girl.

"My sweet Kira, Sleep my angel. I promise no one will harm my kitten." She whispered. Her face was pressed against the bars of her cage. Her arm reached out into mine as she continued to comfort me. I always laid close to her cage. Why they separated us I will never know.

Soon light was spread through the room. My cage shook violently waking me up with a cry. "Mommy?!" I looked around seeing the shop owner growl. My mother hissed protectively as she stood on my hands and knees with fire in her eyes.

"Hold your tongue!" He spat. "I have a costumer and I need all of my pets awake!" My mothers eyes soften with fear as she looked at me. The man walked away as another came. Like all master's he wore a suit. A middle aged man. He shown so much emotion through his blue irises.

My mother crawled up to the front of her cage. "A-are you him?" She asked so desperately. He hands griping the bars tightly. "The one the others speak of?"

The man smiled and kneeled down. "Yes, I've come for a much younger Neko." He spoke so sadly as he stared down at the other Neko's with fear in their eyes. "Please Sir, take my daughter! She's young, to young. Please for the sake of her mother. Take my baby." She cried out to the man.

He looked down at her as he lift her chin. "You show great love for your daughter, my child. I'm sorry she was born into a place like this." He spoke as his eyes gazed upon on me. He smiled at me sweetly, but return to my mother.

"I can't return for you." He said with pain. My mother shook her head. "My fate has come to an end. I beg you take my angel. Care for her as if she was your own. Please?" She spoke between Her sobs.

He shook his head. "What about her father? Is he?" She looked at him with fear of the memory of the man who impregnated her. "H-he's no more then an old master who threw me out once he was finished. He does not know, nor do I want him." She continued as she whispered to him. He shook his head.

"I see." He then stood and walked over to me opening my cage. I stared at him with fear. My skinny weak body shivered; but I wasn't as skinny as my mother. She never eat when it was meal time. So she would sneak her meals into my cage.

"Mommy?" I looked at my mother. Just a 4 year old born into a cage of a Neko slave. The man reaches his hand out. "Come, child." He said.

My mother, pressed her head against the bar. "Go, he'll take you to a safe place. With food and clothes. You'll play and have fun. Mommy will be fine." He eyes swelled with tears. I reached out grabbing the mans hand as he pulled my gently into his arms and carried me like a babe.

With one last look at my mother. She smiled with tears. "I-I love you my sweet Kira, be a good girl for mommy. I love you"

***

I awoken back to reality from my memories. Soon after I was brought to his home; My mother soon disappeared. I begged the master to search for her. But he could never find her.

He treated me so nice, like a daughter he never had. I was happy. Then that's how I met his son Jellal. Master DeAnna kept me close. Until that day on my 18th birthday. A horrible event happened that I caused to lose the father I once knew to love.