2. Depression

I WANTED TO WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT WHAT DEPRESSION FEELS LIKE SO I DECIDED TO DO IT IN THE FORM OF A CONVERSATION. IT'S GOING TO BE IN THE POINT OF VIEW OF BOTH THE GIRL AND THE BOY.
THIS IS ONE OF MY PERSONAL FAVOURITES.
ENJOY AND TELL ME WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER AND MY BOOK.
THANK YOU.
---ZAINAB HERA :)

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

GIRL'S POV:

"What does it feel like?" he asked softly.

"What?" I ask, not even paying attention to what he said , engrossed in my own thoughts.

"Were you even listening?" he asked a tad irritated as I wasn't paying attention to what he said.

"I'm sorry, I kinda zoned out. Anyway what were you asking?"

"I was asking that what depression feels like? I mean what it is?"

I sigh, gathering a brief answer in my head. "Ohhhhhhkk. It's i-don't-know-what but trust me when I say that it makes death look more peaceful than being alive. It makes you eager for your death to come. And as for your question that what it feels like. Well my dear, it is one hell of a dangerous journey. I don't even know if it ends but it is one thing that no one wishes for. It feels like you can't breathe even if there is plenty of oxygen. It's like you are drowning though everyone around you is fine. It's like your soul is dissolving as time is passing. It feels like someone is continuously cutting and breaking your heart into a billion pieces. And you know, the surprising part is that you can actually feel the pain in your chest of your heart shattering into billion pieces. It is like all the happiness written for you has been erased and you can't find the pencil anymore. It feels like there is darkness everywhere and there isn't even a single ray of light. It feels like you are being stabbed with a knife continuously but it is worse than that. It's just this sort of unexplainable pain....you can't explain it because there aren't the right words for it...i mean it's just....just... just....like...you know....arghhh.... I can't explain how it feels like but it is the worst thing in the world."

BOY'S POV:

"......just...just...like...you know.....arghhh.." I watch her as she struggles with words to explain about her pain and misery.

It's like someone or something has her heart in their hand and are squeezing it so much that it is breaking day by day. She's broken. Her eyes give it away. Her eyes are a dark brown colour but they are a sad kind of dark. You know there are two kinds of dark. One that's merely a colour while other is that represents sadness.....a gloominess. She has put up her walls and she won't let anyone in. She's broken. Completely broken. Something is killing her inside.

GIRL'S POV:

"Whatever it is.....it kills you completely. Mentally, spiritually, physically and emotionally." I tell him.

He sighs and then opens his mouth to say something but shuts it one again. Then after a pause he says, "Ohkay."

"Yeah." I say and then continue, "You must stay away from depression."

He looks at me and just stares at me for a while and then whispers softly, "But what about you?"

There's nothing about me. I think. Nothing. I was born to be like this way. There's nothing about me.

"Nothing about me." I say and get up and leave him engrossed in his own thoughts.

BOY'S POV:

I stare at her. It's like....i don't know....she just explained depression like it's a part of her. I am struggling with words just like she was a while ago but she was struggling with words because she was talking about something that causes her pain all the time. I was struggling with words because I was overcame and overwhelmed with respect. Yes. Respect. I respect her for how strong she is even though she's completely shattered and broken.

I just say, "Ohkay." I seriously ran outta words.

.....................

"Nothing about me." She said in a monotonous and very emotionless voice and she left.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

HOW WAS IT??? I REALLY LIKED THIS ONE. I TRIED EXPLAINING DEPRESSION EVEN THOUGH IT CAN NEVER BE EXPLAINED. THERE AREN'T WORDS FOR IT.

VOTE.

COMMENT.

SHARE.