Emotionless

• Dedicated to All my silent readers!

Unwanted By Him

Chapter 4

Emotionless

Jason’s P.O.V

“Hey Jason” Kayla purred in my ear as I got out of my car. I hated Kayla; she always threw herself at me, thinking it would make me want her. She’d always cling onto my arm- like she’s doing now, and tries to show mw off as hers to her friends.

“Hey babe” I pulled Kayla into a hug, putting on an act for the whole school. You see, if I gave myself to the girl ‘ruler’ of the school then she’d chase off and scare away the rest of the girls off of me, and in payment I gave her attention.

“Wanna skip first hour?” Kayla pulled at my shirt sleeve, urging me to go back to my car with her, but I couldn’t skip class again or Mrs. Skirting, my math teacher, would have my head.  

“Can’t, I have Mrs. Skirting first hour” I acted sad for Kayla’s sake, and she was lucky I was that nice, normally I would have humiliated the person and left them standing there being laughed at.

“Awe I sowwy” Kayla pouted for me, almost causing me to gag in disgust. The way she spoke, her treating me like her pet hamster, and a play toy just was so... so ugh!

I reached my locker, Kayla still talking to me, and me still ignoring her, and her still not noting me ignoring her. That was just another thing I hated about Kayla; she was ignorant. Kayla also thought the world rotated around her, I honestly felt bad for whoever was doomed to have her as a mate.

I opened up my locker quickly, dreaming of escaping the grip Kayla had on my shirt sleeve, I pulled out my green math binder, my math book with a blue book cover on it and a journal that was blue. I turned around and faced Kayla, I gave her a fake sweet smile “I have to get to class, babe, you should get to yours too” I kissed her cheek and turned away, quickly walking in the direction of my math class before Kayla could say anything.

I let out my breath as soon as I reached the class room. I angrily dropped my stuff on the desk, my fingers shaking. I had to forget about Kayla for the moment before my wolf forces me to shift bodies. I close my eyes and think of something else; a nice dinner with my family perhaps, or a football game that we won. The best thing to calm somebody down was to touch their mate, or think about their mate, but all memories of my mate were tainted with insults flying, Angelica being embarrassed, me being a jerk. There were no good moments between Angelica and I.

I was shaking more now as images of me being a jerk to Angelica flooded my mind. I took a deep breath, and counted to ten like I always did, then I shoved all emotions away. I threw my emotions in the trash can and sat down, glaring at my math books.

Math class took forever. Who knew not listening could be so boring? I’m starting to think that actually playing attention in math class would be more fun than daydreaming, but who gave a crap.

After math with Mrs. Skirting I had social studies with Mr. Scape, and he was one of the better teachers thankfully. If I rushed to my locker I would have enough time to avoid Kayla, and other people I don’t want to see at the moment.

Doing as I planned, rushing down the hallway, I opened my locker with a quick flick of my wrist to the numbers ’01-23-04, and shoved my math binder into my backpack, then I grabbed my social studies binder and book after putting away my other math stuff.

I smelt Kayla’s fake smelling caramel perfume as she neared me. I slammed my locker shut, not caring if I jammed it, I walked (rushed) down the hallway.

“Jason” I heard Kayla call out, and I stopped moving and turned around.

“Hi babe” I pulled Kayla into a hug that seemed very uncomfortable to me, buy Kayla seemed pleased.