Chapter Six

Nicole

I sat down at the table as I watched Don place our food down.

"So." I said

"So." he said.

"Don't play. Are we together or not? Because im not going to waste my time any longer if you don't want to be with me." I said. He sighed and spoke.

"I know I've been off my game a little while but you know why. Everything isn't the same without Drew. I don't have anyone to talk to about my problems or call names and make fun of anymore. I feel like I lost my best friend." He said. I'm not going to lie, that hurt my feelings. I've been trying and trying but he just won't let me be there for him. I am also his girlfriend and the mother of his children. How could he say those things.

" Deonte', I'm tryna get you to be comfortable with me like but you just won't. I know we won't have a relationship like you and Drew have but can we at least try and get close to it?" I asked tearing up.

"Nicole, I love you. I really do. But I need time to myself. I think we should break up." he said not looking me in my eye. I didn't want to argue and I didn't want to discuss it anymore. If that's what he wants them fine.

"Okay, I'm going to leave now. Bye Deonte'." I said leaving. The food was untouched and still in the same place. I'm officially upset.

:

:

:

" Get up Lance, Mrs. Beverly will be here in a hour." I said. Mrs. Beverly is the lady that brings Lance and the twins to church. The list is:

Sunday: Church (5:30 am - 2:00 pm)

Monday: Prayer ( 5:30 pm- 8:00 pm)

Wednesday: Bible Study ( 5:30 pm- Until)

Thursday: Choir Rehearsal ( 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm)

Saturday: Dream Academy ( 11:00 am - 2:00 pm) (For the kids)

" Moma, why won't you come to church?" he asked getting out of the hotel bed. I didn't want to go to my dorm tonight and I didn't want to sleep at the house with Don.

"Because I can't go. I'm always tired." I said.

"Well i'm not going to force you to go. But it's fun at my church. " He said smiling while putting on his clothes.

"I'm sure it is. Go wake up the Twins and put on their clothes for them that I picked out. I'm sorry for putting it on you but mommy is really tired and I've had a long day yesterday." I said sitting down on the bed and laying down right after.

"No problem Moma. Get your rest. " he said walking away. He's so mature for his age. It's like he understands everything. The thing I absolutely love about my son is that he doesn't follow behind anyone. He goes to church because he wants to. A couple of days ago, some of the kids in his class teased him about being a "Jesus Freak" and all he did was pray for them when he got home. He doesn't listen to rap anymore, he doesn't curse anymore, and he doesn't "Whip, Nae Nae, Drop, Hit the Folks" or any other dance that's out. He only praise dances. Everytime I think about it I smile.

I went to sleep for about 20 minutes then woke up to knocking on the door. I got up and looked through the peep hole to see Mrs. Beverly. I smiled at her as she smiled back.

{Mrs. Beverly at 22 years old.}

"Hey Mrs. Beverly."I smiled. "Lance, Mrs. Beverly is here! Are y'all ready?" I yelled.

"Yes Moma!" He yelled back, later coming to the door with Deon and Te'.

"Hey Mrs. Beverly." They all said.

"Hey you guys." she said back. "Are you guys ready?" she asked.

"Yes." they all said. They all waved to me then got on the elavator. I closed the door and went to my bed. I laid down a bit until i heard a knock at the door. I sighed and got up and looked out the peep hole. I smiled once i saw it was Morgan.

"What do you want faggot?" I yelled through the door.

"To be let in. " He said laughing.

"I don't know. I think im going to let you stand out there." I said back.

"Come on Nic. You play too much. Open the door." He laughed. I laughed as I opened the door and hugged him. He closed the door behind him then locked it.

"What are you doing here at 5 o'clock in the morning and how did you know where I was?" i asked as i sat down on the bed.

"I couldn't sleep and that's how you know your getting old. You don't remember texting me telling me you were at this hotel?" He asked.

"I probably was half sleep. Ain't nobody gettin' old up in here except you. But I have a problem." I said.

"What is it?"

"I think I want to drop out of college. It's too much going on and I can't handle everything. Work, My Kids, School, Homework, Essays, Big ole' Projects, and ect. It's too much." i said.

"No. If you leave, im going to have to get another roommate. But, if you feel like that's what's best for you, then do it. I may do it too." he said.

"No. Don't drop out. You have a big life ahead of you. Don't ruin it." I said.

"College is not for me, Nic. I only stayed because you were there. Your one of my good friends." he said. I smiled.

"I have a great idea. If you drop out, you could come live with me. I think I want to move." I said.

"Wow, Nic. Thank you. Because i was honestly thinking about where I would stay if I dropped out. But now I know." he smiled.

"Yay." I said. We stayed up all night talking. Just laughing and chillin'. It's crazy because I haven't had a night like this in a long time.

Don
"Try some. Just a little, Baby." a stripper said. I sniffed some of the cocaine that she claimed would make me feel good. It burned my nose so bad but then later became something that felt way too good. My heart started beating fast and I felt hot. The feeling was just so good that I sniffed some more.

"That's right baby. " The stripper said.
Nicole

3 Months Later

I unpacked the last box in our 4 room apartment. I stood up and admired the apartment. It wasn't too big or too small. It was perfect.

"Oh my Gosh Morgan. Look at it." i said as he walked in the living room." It's perfect." I was happy because this is something I bought with the money I worked for.

"It is. I think Lance is excited to have his own room. He just won't come out." he laughed.

"I know right." I said. " I'm so upset. They haven't seen their dead beat father in 3 months. What's up with that? He doesn't even call for them anymore." I said geting heated just talking about it.

"Call him." he said.

"His phone is off. This is unlike him to not call for his children." i said.

______

I'm sorry guys. I've been really busy.

COMMENT
VOTE!