I Intend To Sweep You Off Your Feet

"Meg, its penalty shoot out!" My dad yelled.
I frowned. I wish I could stay talking to Jake but I knew that Dad would be on my case.

"I'm coming! Jake was just telling me how to shoot better," I shouted at him.
I looked at Jake. He smiled and I ran up to my father.

"You're the captain, you lead this," He reminded me. I nodded. Right, me. A leader, I forgot. All the girls were talking.

"Hey!" I said, bouncing over. They didn't listen to me.

"HEY!" I heard Jake shout at the girls. They all turned to him. He pointed towards me. The girls turned their attention to me. I smiled at Jake and nodded at him in gratitude.
I looked at all the girls.

"Right, girls, listen up, we are a team now, we have roles, we support and give help towards others, this is what the boy's team does, right?" I asked Jake.

"Well..." He said hesitantly.

I interrupted him. "There are your answers girls, we can be the best. Even better than the boys, we've just got to push each other. Maddie and I will always guide you, and so any help you need, we are there," I said.
I looked at Jake. He seemed fascinated by me. I smirked.

"Maddie, seeing as you love penalty shoot outs I'll let you explain," I sighed and handed it to Maddie.

She came running out from the crowd, flashing me a grin. "Thanks, Captain, for that inspiring speech," She said.

"That's what I'm here to do, inspire you and make the most of what we've got," I said, shrugging. Everyone then started to clap. I gave a shy smile.

"Right, you girls know penalty shoot out by the book don't you?" She asked.

"Yes, Maddie," They all chorused.

I looked around and saw someone running up to us. I didn't recognize this person until he reached us. It was Duke.
He smiled at the coach. Then he saw me. He looked confused.
He reached Jake and gave him a high five.

"Sorry, I'm late, man, I got distracted..." He said.
He was staring at Maddie. She saw him and looked away.

"Right, don't just stand there staring, get to it!" She shouted at them. I laughed. She walked off with them.

"Who is that?" Duke asked still staring at her.

"Her name is Maddie, why?" I asked. He looked at me then at Jake.

"No reason," He replied quickly. She kept glancing at us then back at the girls. I laughed.
Duke than ran up towards her. She quickly speed walked it to the other side of the girls.

"Great speech Meg, I'm proud," My dad said, hugging me. I squeezed him then let go. He ran up to Maddie to look at how the penalties shoot out was going.

"Yeah great speech but you'll never be better than the boys," Jake smirked. I turned to him and gave him a death glare.

"Oh, you want to bet, with me as coach, could we go wrong?" I asked.

"I don't want to bet cause you will lose things will go wrong after I sweep you off your feet!" He said with a husky tone.
"Then sweep," I said.

"Oh don't worry, that's my every intention," He grinned. I smiled at him.

Maddie's POV:

I looked over at Duke, Meg and Jake. They all looked happy. Why do Jake and Meg look happy standing next to each other when they hate one another? I saw Duke staring at me. I blushed. That's my weakness. Boys. That's what I need to stay away from. It is compulsory to do one sport after school. So my parents decided this was the best option for me. I had no choice in the matter. They will be so glad to hear that I am co-captain. I voted for Meg. Mainly, because she's good and devoted to the sport unlike others. I looked back at the girls I saw them talking.

"Hey, less talking more working!" I shouted at them again. They frowned and joined in. I snorted. I looked over towards Duke he was still staring. I sighed. He then started to run over to me. I quickly sped to the other side of the girls. This should delay him or give him a message to leave me alone.
He laughed. Then he ran my way. I looked around for a exit. I couldn't find one in time. He was very close to me. He stood next to me, watching the girls.

"So, you're the captain?" He asked expectantly.

"Err, no," I replied.

"Oh, well it looked like you had control," He said, shrugging.

"I do, I'm the co-captain," I told him.

"Ah, I see, you're a co!" He said. "I'm Duke, the captain of the boy's team."

"I know who you are, I'm Maddie," I smiled.

I started to walk to the other side of the field, when he grabbed my hand. I felt tingles and sparks.

"Go to dinner with me on Friday?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No, I'm sorry, I've got a boyfriend," I said lying through my teeth. He looked straight at me.

"Don't lie to me Maddie." He snapped.

"Ok, ok! I haven't got a boyfriend but I'm busy," I said, lying again. He laughed.

"You're not a good liar, just one date is all I ask!" He said.

"No I don't want to," I said quickly. This was all lies. Why wouldn't I? He's attractive, available and wants me. Me!

"I take that back, I do want to, so...yes," I said, smiling. He grinned and then let go of my hand. I walked off to the other side of the field to meet the coach.

So what do you think?

Maddie and Duke are characters in it now as well.

Tell me what you think by commenting, voting!

Thank for becoming my fan people

Abi x