I Won't Let Go

Recap: "You know what dad?" I asked worried now.

"I know he has feelings for you, this is the sudden change in you recently. Are you two dating?" He asked.

"Dating". I repeated. Wow. Out of all of the things he could of said. He had to bring up dating.

"Yes, sweety, it's when two people who have feelings for each other get together and..." He said before I interrupted him.

"Dad, I know what dating is and i'm not but Jake is defiantly someone I shouldn't date". I said.

"Why not? I can see he likes you". My dad asks.

"I know he likes me. He won't leave me alone. He keeps telling me that I have a connection with him". I said too quickly.

"A connection. When did he tell you this, Megan?" He asked.

"Today, we kinda kissed as well". I said. I hate lying to my dad. I have to tell him at least some things.

"I think it's time we had a talk". He said standing up.

He walked into the kitchen and sat down. I followed.

"Dad, I don't need a sex talk I get enough of that at school. Always wear a condom. Blah Blah Blah". I said.

"This is not a sex talk. I'll just let school deal with that. Usually mums talk to you about that but yours is gone and nothing is going to bring her back". He said.

I signed. "I know she's gone but you know how she felt about the afterlife. You used to tell me and all those journals she wrote". I said.

"Yeah, not all the journals. Some of them I couldn't give you until you found him. Well he find's you". He said.

"Until he find's me?" I asked.

"Yeah. your mate, well your his mate, i'll explain if your willing to listen?" He asked.

"At least your willing to tell me". I replied.

"He won't tell you?" He asked.

"Nope". I said popping the 'p'.

"Well it is a lot to tell you and he's probably worried you'll run". He said.

"Dad, don't keep me waiting, please tell me". I said.

"Well your his mate. He's not yours until you are marked by..." He said.

"Marked by what, dad?" I asked.

"A werewolf. From the sounds of it Jake is a werewolf and you are his mate". My dad told me.

I burst out laughing.

"Yeah right". I said.

"It's true he is. He has to mark you.". My dad said.

"How can I be?" I asked.

"It's runs in the family. Your mum was a mate to someone but he rejected her. Therefore she passed the gene down to you". He said.

"Are you a werewolf?" I asked.

"No sorry i'm human, As human as it gets I love football. I work for the police. The one thing that isn't human in me is that I help the werewolves. They don't know this of course but I do". My dad said.

I laughed.

"My point is Meg, if he's your mate and has no plans what so ever to reject you then he will stop at nothing to be with you". He said.