Why Must You Leave?

Rose's POV:
I was walking down the beach. I heard someone running towards me. I turned around. It was Pearl. She had tears in her eyes.

"Rose! Why?! Why must you leave us today?!" She questioned me. Her body was shaking with fear and sadness.

"My Pearl, you know why. Steven and I can't both exist at the same time. I have to give up my physical form, but it is worth it." I told her. She was still crying. She was breaking down.

"It's almost time. I can feel it." I whispered softly. Pearl nodded. Garnet, Amethyst, and Greg came towards us.

"It's time." I said. We walked up the steep slope. There was a beautiful place I wanted to go.

Pearl's POV:
It's official. She will be leaving us. I don't want her to leave me. She walked to the edge. She eased herself to the ground. She placed her left hand on top of her belly and her right hand on the bottom part.

She started softly singing.

'If I could begin to be half of what you think of me
I could do about anything I could even learn how to love
When I see the way you act Wondering when I'm coming back I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love like you...'

Tears were streaming down her face.

'Now they'll be the Crystal Gems They'll always save the day
And if you think they can't
They'll always find a way
That's why the people of this world will believe in Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl... And Steven.

If I could have stayed to be everything you thought of me I could have done about anything But I think I learned how to love like you.'

With those words she raised herself up. She slowly turned herself around. Her big, pink curls swinging around with her.

"Thank you, Crystal Gems. And Mr. Universe, thank you. I will always be there. Thank you. I love you all." Rose said as cherry blossom petals started spiraling around her. She grinned. Tears were falling from her eyes. She then faded away.

She has left.