Chapter 15: Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day, and as promised, I'm better, and ready to roll!

Well, not quite.

"No.... No.... Oh No. Absolutely not!"

Leave it to the neighboring pack's Luna that is approachable via two-hour helicopter flight when it comes to clothes. She's here since 10 am and she's already raiding the whole content of my wardrobe.

"Andrew! For goodness sake, you're going out with the Alpha of Priroda Muzhtevo Pack, your mate, and Boss, for a Valentine's Day dinner! And you didn't have anything gorgeous enough to wear!" Tatiana exclaimed disdainfully.

"Is that even a problem?" I groaned.

"Of course it is honey! You have to look fabulous!"

"Last time you said that, I ended up renting my clothes," I rolled my eyes.

A silence came through.

"YOU WHAT!?" Tatiana shrieked.

I cover my ears with a cringe on my face. "Cut it out will you?"

"You rent a suit for your prom?!"

When I graduated from college before entering university, there's a Senior Prom kind thing, and I was forced to go as back then, as I'm one of the coordinators.

"Yeah. Why's that? Why do I have to buy a suit that I would wear once?" I shrugged.

"You know what? That's it!" She suddenly drag me from bed and force me to the bathroom.

"Wait! What the hell are you doing?!"

"Brush your teeth, baby boy! And don't forget to take a bath! I'm giving you a head-to-toe makeover that will make your soon-to-be-hubby fell on his knees!" she pointed at the sink.

I gaped at her, disbelieving over what I just heard. "A makeover?"

"Yes! Now spit-spot! Shower now! Have you brush your teeth yet?"

Oh. I forgot to tell you why the ruckus but no Uncle Tony or Aunt Lucy in sight? That's because they already left for their Valentine's Day vacation in New Mexico!

***

She dragged me to Barneys New York in Beverly Hills, as according to her, I need a huge makeover.

From what I remember, last time she was there, she was supposed to buy a negligee with Krystal and her employer, the bakery owner Juanita, but they ended up buying one in the nearest sex shop because Barneys' are out of stock.

"Why are we here?"

"I told you. You need a pampering and a huge makeover to make your man fall on his knees and propose."

I glared at her. "That's a little bit too optimistic, don't you think?"

"Well we can hope don't we?"

"And why here? I thought they have Barneys in Vegas?"

"But their Barneys is inside the Venetian, honey. No Makeup Artists in Residence available. They do have personal shopper, but I need the Makeup Artist because you," she pointed at me, "need it, and so am I."

I just shook my head as the car halted and we got out while a Valet boy took the key from her.

"Leave a scratch, you're dead," she said threateningly.

The boy gulped.

"Yes ma'am!" he answered and drove off to the Valet Parking lot.

"You don't have to do that, ya know?" I nudged her lightly.