Chapter 46: HK, circa 2016

On Saturday, literally a day after we returned to Hong Kong, I got a call from Karll. Which is weird, because China has quite limited access to American applications like Whatsapp. I guess he either already returned to Shanghai or used some shady VPN stuff.

"Hello?" I answered the call.

"Dude! You're on the news!" Karll exclaimed.

"Huh?"

"So, our PR just sent me this link that talks about your cousin's kidnapping, and then they also sent hundreds more of links! Some are coming from Cosmo, and this one's from People, and there are some from Asian medias too, like Asahi Shimbun, Channel NewsAsia... Oooh, right now they sent this link from Fox News!" he squealed.

"How did the PR people handle it?" If the PR people can't handle the situation, then Volk must handle his Beta quite roughly.

"Perfect! Well, the others were not commenting. But when our company got called by those paps, they called me and..."

"And what?" I asked.

"I told them that you're both are engaged."

I stand up in a flash. "Now, wait a minute! Volk didn't give you the permission to tell everyone about our engagement!"

"Nah. You'll wing it. Besides, I told Vlad, he told Volk, and he said just tell them," he said relaxed.

Well, I forgot to mention that at the dinner rehearsal, the bride decided to announce that we're engaged (thanks a lot, red wine!). The crowd is cheering with wine in their hands, some are singing 'mazel tov', and some already demanding an invitation to our wedding, something that I don't think will happen in months time.

And FYI, Grandmother decided that it'll be amazing for her to set up a grandiose ceremony. She even considered bringing Julie Andrews into the loop (Yes, THE DAME Julie Andrews. After all, according to her, Julie has a great taste in dinner venues, she claimed), which led Donatella Versace, who declared that she'll design the wedding tuxedo for both of us, gave me an eye contact as if she's saying 'Is she for real?'

I replied her back by word-mouthing, 'Frightening, isn't it?'

"Oh, well. It's inevitable sooner or later. But how come I didn't know this?" I sighed.

"He said you passed out like a log from the heavy, hot sex you both did yesternight," he replied, grinning.

I groaned, blushing after remembering the last time shenanigans. After finding ourselves trapped in a busy week with the Wangs, Volk decided to let Drake (well, not in his wolf form...) out and replenish his pent-up sexual needs. And to my surprise, as my mind started to replay last night's events, I think somewhere between after his mushroom head entered me or after all of the thick, veiny, muscle sausage fitted inside hole...

I think I moaned 'Yes, thank you Daddy'...

Damn it! I hope he didn't remember that!

"You know what. Let me see the links you sent me. What time will you arrive?" I replied as I ran over the counter and opened a bottle of Fiji Water. (We stayed at The Peninsula Hong Kong, that's why we got unlimited Fiji Water bottles for free.)

"5.30 pm, and we're reserved a place at Tin Lung Heen."

Tin Lung Heen is an award-winning restaurant located at the Ritz-Carlton, the highest hotel in Hong Kong.

I looked at him confused. "Wait. You're staying at The Ritz Carlton?"

He answered, "Yes. No Peninsula this time. I just wanted to stay somewhere new. I love The Peninsula, so does The Mandarin, and I'm not bored with either or. But, I just wanted to experience something else. I always wanted to know the experience of staying at the world's highest hotel room."