Merry Christmas

Christmas, for the Pines family, was usually a rather boisterous affair. This year, however, was more so than the res – it had been quite some time since they had been able to celebrate together afterall.

It started with Mabel waking everyone up at eight o'clock sharp – she burst through the door and leapt on Dipper's bed, tackling her twin onto the floor and eliminating any chance he had of falling back asleep. Then the pair made their way into the kitchen where their Grunkle Stan was making breakfast - his signature Stancakes - and their Grunkle Ford was sitting at the kitchen table chatting amiably with his twin brother(if their usual arguing could count as amiable). Mabel moved to help Stan cook, and Dipper took a seat at the table to chat with Ford about the news. They all ate breakfast amidst loud chatter, the kitchen warm and inviting as the rather odd family laughed and joked through their meal.

And after breakfast, of course, came presents.

They had bought and decorated their tree a week before hand. Somehow, Bill had ended up coming along to help, claiming he didn't celebrate Christmas, but didn't want to miss out on any of the fun. The result was...interesting. The tree was literally dripping with tinsel which shone silver in the candle light – despite Fords claims that it was a fire hazard (a fact which only egged Bill on as he practically threw handfuls of the stuff at the tree).

Mabel had made them all cloth ornaments, which were hung amongst the glass bulbs and green spruce branches. For Stan there was an odd looking fish like the one on that ridiculous fez he wore all the time. Beside it, Ford's was a book with what looked to be a golden circle in the center, or what Mabel claimed to be a six-fingered hand. Dipper's was a blue Pine tree (and had Bill found that hilarious- his arm was still bruised where Dipper had punched him to get him to stop laughing) and Mabel's a shooting star. She'd even made one for Bill, a beaded gold triangle based on the outfit he had worn to the Halloween party. The blonde had almost run off with the thing, wanting to keep it for himself rather than place it on the tree.

Needless to say, it had taken quite a bit of convincing from Dipper for him to eventually give it up. Mabel had also made the star – a large, glitter covered thing stuck rather precariously at the top of the tree (Bill had decided it would be funny to pull the chair Dipper had been standing on out from under him). They'd even made popcorn and cranberry strands, or, strand to be more precise, as Bill had gotten bored two minutes in and ended up just throwing popcorn at Dipper until the brunette gave up and returned combat.

They were still finding popcorn in the couch cushions.

"Presents! Presents!" Mabel cheered, bouncing up and down on the couch from her position beside her twin.

"I'm getting to it!" Stan groaned, moving towards his chair. "Dipper, you are in charge of handing out gifts."

The brunette rolled his eyes, though he'd been expecting it all along. Getting to his feet, he moved towards the tree and the small pile of presents underneath it.

"Alright, then I guess I'll start with my gifts to everyone then..." he trailed, picking out the second most messily wrapped parcels (at least Ford had tried, Stan hadn't even bothered wrapping his gifts this year) and began handing them out.

The Stan's ended up with a new watches from Dipper and matching sweaters from Mabel with little penguins on the front that, when they stood side by side, looked like they were hugging. Mabel got a new sewing machine – a gift from both their great Uncle's, and a box of ribbons from Dipper.

He ended up with a new journal, a set of fountain pens, and a sweater with the words 'property of Cipher' printed on the front.

"It was Bill's idea." She commented with a smile, punching Dipper's arm as he stared at his gift in horror. "He has a matching one that says 'Cipher, touch him and die'."