Meeting

It took quite a bit of convincing.

Every year the Northwest's would throw a grand New Year's Eve party. It was the talk of the town – the type of event only the most elite were invited to.

And, apparently, being close friends with Pacifica earned both Dipper and Mabel a spot.

Now, Dipper wasn't one for fancy parties, or parties in general really. Especially considering the last one he went to resulted in him discovering and confessing his feelings to a murderous sociopath.

And thinking his sister had been kidnapped.

And just generally making a fool of himself.

Needless to say, Dipper didn't have a good track record with formal events.

So despite Mabel's urging and Pacifica's apathetic statements of "this is a once in a lifetime chance, Dipper Pines. I don't give these invitations away to just anyone." He still refused to go.

That is, until Bill joined in.

"You are going to be my date." The blonde said simply one late December evening, eyes flitting up from some paperwork he had been working on to meet a curious amber gaze.

"Wait, what?" Dipper had merely been expressing his discontent with his sister's increasingly obnoxious pestering as January grew closer. Still, Dipper remained as stubborn and steadfast as ever, and he was hoping Bill, who was as antisocial and negative as they come, would agree...

"You have to go to the party. They are throwing it here. I have to go. You have to come with me as my date." Bill responded, blue eyes flickering mischievously.

"When did you decide this?" Dipper asked.

"Just now." Bill tilted his head, a sly smile playing on his lips. Dipper sighed.

"...You are only doing this because I don't want to go, aren't you?"

Bill chuckled lowly, going back to his work.

"Why, Dipper, why on earth would you think that?"

It took quite a bit of persuading, but with both his sister and his boyfriend against him, even Dipper's resolute guard was bound to crumble.

Which is how the dissatisfied brunette found himself once again dressed in a tux standing with a contrastingly ecstatic Mabel at his side. This time, however, Bill had insisted on buying Dipper a proper tux, which somehow had the opposite effect of making him even more embarrassed than when he had been wearing his Grunkle Ford's hand-me-downs back in October.

Reaching up Dipper nervously tugged at his tie, glancing over at his twin.

"De-ja-vu." He stated, voice dripping with sarcasm. Mabel snorted, playfully punching him in the side.

"Stop being such a baby, Dip-Dops, This'll be fun!"

Just as she finished she took her brother's hand and dragged him into the club.

Immediately he was overwhelmed by the sheer number of people. The floor was packed, and unlike every other day of the year each individual carried an aura of wealth and power that spoke of a deeply engrained sense of prestige that Dipper just couldn't understand. His twin's grip around his hand tightened as she pulled him towards the bar and up to a pretty blonde wearing an elegant lavender dress.

"Pacifica!" Mabel greeted, and the blonde turned, face immediately brightening at the sight of the other girl. They clasped one another's hands endearingly, and Pacifica leaned forward to whisper something into the brunette's ear that had his sister giggeling. From there they became utterly absorbed in one another, and Dipper began to wonder if he and Bill acted the same way when around one another.