2

I finished drying my thick hair and felt better. I stepped into my bedroom to see Giovanni shirtless with his arms crossed behind his head, sprawled out on my bed. A shirtless Giovanni was always a nice sight and one I couldn't refuse. He was so well-built that it was almost a crime he ever wore a shirt. He wasn't typical by any means. He was rippled with muscles, but that wasn't what caught my eye in that moment. What I noticed was the scar from the night we met.

He had been slashed from hollow to belly button and it took me well over one hundred stitches to close him up. I never asked how he got the injury, but that was the first time the boss had ever called on me for something. I was fresh out of my residency and had just started as a professional doctor when I was approached at the hospital. I could have killed Richard right then and there for offering up my services without asking. I wasn't even sure how Giovanni and I got to this point, but I didn't regret it. I had fun with him for the most part.

"What?" He asked.

I shook my head and climbed into my bed.

He nodded over to the nightstand. "You should eat."

I glanced over at the sandwich on the nightstand only partially surprised he made me food. With the way he was acting, I damn near expected a proposal from him.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

He turned his attention back to the TV while I ate. I was hungry and I was thankful that he made something, but I wasn't sure I liked where this was going. It was too domestic. Giovanni was anything but domestic.

"Gio?" I asked.

He shot his attention to me with a raised eyebrow. "You never call me that."

"You don't like it?" I challenged.

"No one shortens my name."

I wasn't sure if he was telling me he didn't like it. "So don't do it?"

"It's fine," he responded apathetically.

I shook my head absently. "Seriously, what's going on? Nothing's changed between us in the last six months and you've never hinted at wanting anything more."

"I can't change my mind?"

"You can't just spring stuff on me."

"Maybe I just decided."

"I doubt it. You don't strike me as the impulsive type."

He shrugged slightly and turned his attention back to the TV. I finished my sandwich and threw my leg over him to straddle his lap, forcing him to pay attention to me.

"Talk to me."

His caramel eyes met mine. "About?"

"What changed your mind?"

His calloused hands slid up my exposed thighs and over my hips to grip his favorite part of my body.

"This," he responded coyly.

I couldn't help but laugh a little. "Seriously though."

He brushed his thumb under my eyes as he examined the dark circles. "You're exhausted. Get some sleep, Aria."

"Not until you tell me what this is."

He let out a sigh of irritation and dropped his hand to my thigh.

"I like you. I think it would be stupid to not try for more."

I cocked my head to the side. "You do?"

"I wouldn't keep seeing you if I didn't like you."

I nodded absently. "You have to be honest with me though."