Chapter 22. Keep on going with the lies

I can't help it, but get in. His car is nice, just as his brothers. This one is a white Range Rover and it has black warm leather seats, I know that Range Rovers are pretty expensive, and to judge by the fact that his brother has one and he have one himself, their family probably has a lot of money. I wonder what their dad work as? Their mother is a high school teacher, and I know that they don't earn enough money to buy two Range Rovers, so it must be their dad who earns all the money, or maybe they won a lot of money? I decide to just let go of that thought for now, but as soon as I get to know him a little better I will defiantly bring this up. It seems weird. 

As he starts the car an the few minutes after is quite awkward. We don't really speak, sometimes on of us cough, and as we need to drive all the way around the town because we're in a car, it takes quite a long time. If he would just have let me take my penny I would be home by now. Home. I look at my phone to check the time. Shit. It's already half past ten, I should've been home half an hour ago! Luckily we drive past the bus stop where Harry got off last time and that's not far away from here. Just before he pull into our parking lot I reach out to grab my penny and place it on my lap. As he stops the car I open the door and get out, I say a simple goodbye to Harry before I close the door and just before I reach the door handle to my house he rolls down the window.

Harry: ''Hey El!'' I turn around. ''Let me drive you to school tomorrow!'' He smiles.

You: ''Uhm, no thanks, I'm good.'' I lie. I would love him to drive me to school, but I just don't want it to get any more awkward between us. I mean him and I, I… Nevermind.

Harry: ''If you're gonna ride that thing again tomorrow you won't make it in time.'' What does he know about that? If I leave 15 minutes earlier tomorrow I will make it. ''And by the way, I can't risk it if you meet Edward.'' He smirks. Aha, so that's what it is all about.

You: ''What does it matter if Edward drives me?'' I see where this is going.

Harry: ''I don't want him to. Simple as that.''

You: ''Well that is non of your business.'' I snap. His smile doesn't fall, instead it grows. 

Harry: ''I'll pick you up at seven thirty.'' He smiles. I roll my eyes at him and he drives away.

I walk inside to find my parents watching TV in the living room, maybe if I walk really slow and I am careful then they might not even notice me. As I start walking towards the stairs the floor squeaks. Fuck. My parents immediately turns around to look at me. I sigh and walk towards them and sit down on the chair next to the sofa. I expected my parents to be yelling at me and telling me how stupid I am for not being home on the time, but instead they're just looking at me. Why don't they talk? Why don't they yell? I feel awkward just sitting here waiting for them to talk to me, but they don't.

You: ''Why don't you just tell how stupid I am?'' I start.

Mom: ''What?'' She turns to look at my dad and then back to me.

You: ''I'm half an hour late and you don't yell at me?'' 

Dad: ''Half an hour late for what?'' What?

You: ''Home.'' Why do they seem so confused?

Dad: ''Have you even been gone?'' Fuck.

You: ''No, uhm, no. Not at all. I was just, uhm, Josephs room. I meant I was late for bed… Sorry.'' I say and stand up.

Mom: ''Well, then just hurry to bed. You have school tomorrow.'' She smiles. What was that about.